US: Payless launches 'upscale' store format
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource has launched a new store format called 'Fashion Lab', which it claims is an upmarket venture selling at value prices.
Payless has opened six Fashion Labs in locations including New York City's Fifth Avenue and the Mall of America, Minneapolis,
The company plans four more stores under the format by the end of the year.
CEO and president Matt Rubel said: "Today's shoppers believe that in order to get fashion and value they have to give up the experience and shop at the traditional 'big box' retailers, but with our new fashion lab store format, shoppers can truly get it all - great fashion, amazing value and a fun shopping experience."
"We've been working hard on many fronts to achieve our new business direction and our store redesign effort is a critical step in rounding out the new Payless brand promise for shoppers."
The stores were also designed to fit how women - the company's main target - like to shop, said Payless.
Payless said a second new store design dubbed 'hot zone' is also part of the store renovation program. While the Payless Fashion Lab store format is a complete redesign, 'hot zone' stores feature a new front-of-store layout leveraged from the Fashion Lab design that is married with the core store format.
By the end of 2006, Payless will revamp 5% of its store chain with a total of ten fashion lab stores and about 240 hot zone stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource will lay off up to 550 workers when it closes its 850-sq-ft distribution centre in Topeka and opens up a second new one east of the Mississippi river....
Clare Hamill has been named president and chief executive officer of the Exeter Brands Group of Nike Inc. Exeter makes and markets footwear and apparel under brands including Starter, Asphalt and Shaq...
Sports firm Reebok has joined with toy firm Hasbro for a collection of Play-Doh toddlers' footwear....
Value retailers Payless ShoeSource and Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse have agreed to pay out about US$425,000 to settle claims they use unlicensed software....
Retailer Payless ShoeSource has extended its alliance with fashion designer Laura Poretzky in a multi-year deal that will see the rollout of seasonal footwear and accessories collections....
Budget shoe chain Payless ShoeSource has signed a deal with Lela Rose which will expand its offering of designer footwear....
Value footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource is launching a range of women's sports shoes with Nike subsidiary Exeter Brands....
Footwear firm Payless ShoeSource has strengthened its relationship with entertainment company Disney with a direct-to-retail license deal....
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022