US: Payless promotes DeSantis to chief marketing officer
US footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource has promoted Vincent DeSantis to senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Payless.
He will report to LuAnn Via, chief executive officer of Payless.
DeSantis will be responsible for all marketing and branding initiatives for the retailer, and oversee the development and growth of Payless' brand portfolio, which includes Airwalk, Champion, Dexter, American Eagle for Payless and Above the Rim.
"Vincent's leadership and strategic insights over the past three years – particularly as we have developed best-in-class customer insights and successfully moved into new marketing channels such as mobile commerce and social media – have demonstrated that it's time to expand his leadership role to help take Payless to the next level," said Via.
"We are thrilled to have him serve in this new role and look forward to his valuable contributions as we continue to forge strong emotional connections and build effective brand and marketing programs that connect Payless with customers around the world."
DeSantis joined Payless in 2008 where he served first as vice president, consumer and brand marketing and was later promoted to divisional senior vice president of marketing.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
77kids by American Eagle, the kids fashion brand from US fashion retailer American Eagle Outfitters, has opened its first Manhattan location where shoppers can watch jeans and tees being made in an in...
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource is set to launch its teen footwear collection Brash later this year, through its partnership with musical artist Sierra Kusterbeck....
A large number of Jordan's apparel factories have breached core international labour standards, a compliance survey by two international agencies has found....
Women's apparel retailer Body Central Corp has named Matthew Swartwood as senior vice president responsible for overseeing its store operations....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective