US: Payless ShoeSource names Bergerac SVP and GMM
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource has appointed Michele Bergerac as senior vice president and general merchandise manager of its women's and accessories collections.
Bergerac will be responsible for leading the women's and accessories merchandise buying teams, and setting product strategies to bring value-priced footwear and accessories to the budget-conscious consumer.
She will also oversee product creation and merchandising for the women's footwear and accessory collections.
"Michele has spent most of her career in the footwear industry working across men's, women's and children's categories in both department and specialty stores," said LuAnn Via, president and CEO of Payless.
Bergerac most recently served as divisional vice president, divisional merchandise manager for Soft Home Goods at the Marmaxx unit of TJX. She has previously worked for Bakers Footwear Group and Edison Footwear Group.
A strong end to the back-to-school shopping season contributed to the solid sales results rung up by many US clothing and footwear retailers in September - but economic and political uncertainty conti...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' September 2012 sales results....
US retail sales in August were boosted by back-to-school shoppers, with most retailers booking sales gains over the month. ...
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-sc...
Debt-laden retailer Bakers Footwear Group has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after falling sales led the company to default on its credit line....
Debt-laden retailer Bakers Footwear Group is to shed more than 70 stores and up to one-third of its staff in an effort to turn around the ailing company....
Shareholders in footwear retailer Collective Brands have approved a deal to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory