US: Payless ShoeSource names Bergerac SVP and GMM
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource has appointed Michele Bergerac as senior vice president and general merchandise manager of its women's and accessories collections.
Bergerac will be responsible for leading the women's and accessories merchandise buying teams, and setting product strategies to bring value-priced footwear and accessories to the budget-conscious consumer.
She will also oversee product creation and merchandising for the women's footwear and accessory collections.
"Michele has spent most of her career in the footwear industry working across men's, women's and children's categories in both department and specialty stores," said LuAnn Via, president and CEO of Payless.
Bergerac most recently served as divisional vice president, divisional merchandise manager for Soft Home Goods at the Marmaxx unit of TJX. She has previously worked for Bakers Footwear Group and Edison Footwear Group.
A strong end to the back-to-school shopping season contributed to the solid sales results rung up by many US clothing and footwear retailers in September - but economic and political uncertainty conti...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' September 2012 sales results....
US retail sales in August were boosted by back-to-school shoppers, with most retailers booking sales gains over the month. ...
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-sc...
Debt-laden retailer Bakers Footwear Group has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after falling sales led the company to default on its credit line....
Debt-laden retailer Bakers Footwear Group is to shed more than 70 stores and up to one-third of its staff in an effort to turn around the ailing company....
Shareholders in footwear retailer Collective Brands have approved a deal to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms....
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015