US: Payless ShoeSource names Bergerac SVP and GMM
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource has appointed Michele Bergerac as senior vice president and general merchandise manager of its women's and accessories collections.
Bergerac will be responsible for leading the women's and accessories merchandise buying teams, and setting product strategies to bring value-priced footwear and accessories to the budget-conscious consumer.
She will also oversee product creation and merchandising for the women's footwear and accessory collections.
"Michele has spent most of her career in the footwear industry working across men's, women's and children's categories in both department and specialty stores," said LuAnn Via, president and CEO of Payless.
Bergerac most recently served as divisional vice president, divisional merchandise manager for Soft Home Goods at the Marmaxx unit of TJX. She has previously worked for Bakers Footwear Group and Edison Footwear Group.
A strong end to the back-to-school shopping season contributed to the solid sales results rung up by many US clothing and footwear retailers in September - but economic and political uncertainty conti...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' September 2012 sales results....
US retail sales in August were boosted by back-to-school shoppers, with most retailers booking sales gains over the month. ...
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-sc...
Debt-laden retailer Bakers Footwear Group has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after falling sales led the company to default on its credit line....
Debt-laden retailer Bakers Footwear Group is to shed more than 70 stores and up to one-third of its staff in an effort to turn around the ailing company....
Shareholders in footwear retailer Collective Brands have approved a deal to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019