USA: Payless ShoeSource Net Rose 17 Per Cent
Payless ShoeSource Inc said its net income rose 17 per cent for the fiscal first quarter, despite what the company said was a slow start to the quarter. The Topeka, Kan, shoe retailer reported net for the period ended May 5 of $29.7m, or $1.30 a diluted share, up from $25.4m, or 89 cents a share, for the year-earlier period. The latest results topped analysts' estimates by a penny, according to First Call/Thomson Financial. Excluding non-recurring items in last year's results, the company's profits declined 12 per cent from $33.9m, or $1.19 a share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report