USA: Payless ShoeSource Net Rose 17 Per Cent
Payless ShoeSource Inc said its net income rose 17 per cent for the fiscal first quarter, despite what the company said was a slow start to the quarter. The Topeka, Kan, shoe retailer reported net for the period ended May 5 of $29.7m, or $1.30 a diluted share, up from $25.4m, or 89 cents a share, for the year-earlier period. The latest results topped analysts' estimates by a penny, according to First Call/Thomson Financial. Excluding non-recurring items in last year's results, the company's profits declined 12 per cent from $33.9m, or $1.19 a share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022