USA: Payless ShoeSource Net Rose 17 Per Cent
Payless ShoeSource Inc said its net income rose 17 per cent for the fiscal first quarter, despite what the company said was a slow start to the quarter. The Topeka, Kan, shoe retailer reported net for the period ended May 5 of $29.7m, or $1.30 a diluted share, up from $25.4m, or 89 cents a share, for the year-earlier period. The latest results topped analysts' estimates by a penny, according to First Call/Thomson Financial. Excluding non-recurring items in last year's results, the company's profits declined 12 per cent from $33.9m, or $1.19 a share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores