US: Payless ShoeSource signs Dexter retail deal
Payless ShoeSource has signed a multi-year agreement to exclusively sell the Dexter footwear line in the US and the rest of the western hemisphere.
HH Brown, owner of the Dexter brand, will continue to design and develop Dexter performance bowling and golf shoes, as well as the hand-sewn Dexter 1957 Collection.
Payless said it will launch the new Dexter line first with a men's collection in select Payless stores for the 2007 holiday season, followed by full men's and women's collections launched in all stores in spring 2008.
Matt Rubel, chief executive officer and president of Payless ShoeSource said: "We're on a mission to democratise fashion and design in the footwear and accessory categories to bring shoppers great brands and the latest styles at a great price.
"Dexter, with its long-standing image of quality, innovation and style, will give Payless a brand platform that speaks to a new generation with the energy, spirit and optimism of American life, style and design."
Payless, which already retails the Airwalk, American Eagle, Tailwind, Champion, Spalding and Dunkman brands, said it would utilise its footwear design team in New York City to design and develop the new Dexter collections
The company said it expects the new Dexter collections to include casual, dress, boots, and fashion athletic footwear styles, as well as accessories.
"We are excited to team up with Payless to expand the reach and appeal of the Dexter lifestyle brand through Payless' significant store chain," said Jim Issler, president and CEO of HH Brown.
"We see a strong fit between Dexter and Payless - each has tremendous brand awareness and a strong reputation. We are proud that Dexter is a key brand in the fashion democracy led by Payless, and that Payless will become a keystone in Dexter's global branding initiative."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November 2007 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October 2007 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Here is a list of the top ten stories published on just-style during the past year. To read the stories in full, please click on the headlines....
The Stride Rite Corporation has hired Gregg Ribatt from Stuart Weitzman Holdings to serve as its president and chief executive officer, replacing Rick Thornton who was left the firm to pursue other op...
US fashion retailer American Eagle Outfitters is planning to add another retail format to its portfolio, which is being referred to as Concept Four....
US clothing retailer American Eagle has posted a 2% dip in net income to US$99.4m during Q3 compared to $100.9m in the prior year period, as markdowns took effect....
Reigning Wimbledon tennis champion Venus Williams has launched her new Eleven clothing, footwear and accessories line at retailer Steve & Barry's....
T-shirt and underwear maker Hanesbrands Inc has hired William J Nictakis for the newly created position of president and chief commercial officer....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts