USA: Payless ShoeSource To Be Granted $110m In Bonds
The City of Topeka has approved the issuance of $110m in industrial revenue bonds for Payless ShoeSource Inc. Payless will use the funds over a four-year period from 2000 through 2003.The bonds will be issued for the continual improvement and remodeling of the corporate headquarters, a new manufacturing unit at its distribution center, building improvements at the distribution center to enhance its capacity, and systems enhancements to support the continued growth of the company. Payless intends to be the sole investor in the bonds.These projects are expected to increase the Payless workforce in Topeka by 150 over the four year period, as well as provide work for local contractors. Currently, Payless employs 1,000 at the corporate office and 900 at the distribution centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar