USA: Payless ShoeSource To Be Granted $110m In Bonds
The City of Topeka has approved the issuance of $110m in industrial revenue bonds for Payless ShoeSource Inc. Payless will use the funds over a four-year period from 2000 through 2003.The bonds will be issued for the continual improvement and remodeling of the corporate headquarters, a new manufacturing unit at its distribution center, building improvements at the distribution center to enhance its capacity, and systems enhancements to support the continued growth of the company. Payless intends to be the sole investor in the bonds.These projects are expected to increase the Payless workforce in Topeka by 150 over the four year period, as well as provide work for local contractors. Currently, Payless employs 1,000 at the corporate office and 900 at the distribution centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022