USA: Payless ShoeSource To Be Granted $110m In Bonds
The City of Topeka has approved the issuance of $110m in industrial revenue bonds for Payless ShoeSource Inc. Payless will use the funds over a four-year period from 2000 through 2003.The bonds will be issued for the continual improvement and remodeling of the corporate headquarters, a new manufacturing unit at its distribution center, building improvements at the distribution center to enhance its capacity, and systems enhancements to support the continued growth of the company. Payless intends to be the sole investor in the bonds.These projects are expected to increase the Payless workforce in Topeka by 150 over the four year period, as well as provide work for local contractors. Currently, Payless employs 1,000 at the corporate office and 900 at the distribution centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020