USA: Payless ShoeSource To Be Granted $110m In Bonds
The City of Topeka has approved the issuance of $110m in industrial revenue bonds for Payless ShoeSource Inc. Payless will use the funds over a four-year period from 2000 through 2003.The bonds will be issued for the continual improvement and remodeling of the corporate headquarters, a new manufacturing unit at its distribution center, building improvements at the distribution center to enhance its capacity, and systems enhancements to support the continued growth of the company. Payless intends to be the sole investor in the bonds.These projects are expected to increase the Payless workforce in Topeka by 150 over the four year period, as well as provide work for local contractors. Currently, Payless employs 1,000 at the corporate office and 900 at the distribution centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective