US: Payless to remain at acquired Wisebuys stores
Footwear firm Payless Shoesource has confirmed that its store-in-store concept will remain in the former Wisebuys stores it offloaded to Seaway Valley Capital Corporation last year, which are being converted to Hackett's stores.
Seaway Valley acquired both Wisebuys Stores and Patrick Hackett Hardware Company in 2007 and is merging the operations of the two retailers under the Hackett's brand.
"We are pleased that Payless will continue to remain as a partner with the company," said Seaway Valley's CEO Thomas Scozzafava.
After the store conversions, Hackett's will operate nine locations including Canton, Gouverneur, Hamilton, Massena, Ogdensburg, Potsdam, Pulaski, Tupper Lake, and Watertown - all in New York. Hackett's is also seeking additional locations in New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania, Seaway added in a statement.
Damages due to be paid by footwear company Collective Brands to sporting goods firm Adidas Group in a trademark infringement lawsuit have been slashed by 75%....
US footwear chain operator Collective Brands has posted second quarter 2008 net earnings of US$8.1m, down from $24.9m in Q2 last year, but including $36.2m in pre-tax expenses related to litigation as...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource's three guest designers are taking to the catwalk with their new creations during New York Fashion Week....
Collective Brands and its Payless ShoeSource unit have announced plans for expansion into the Middle East region, signing an agreement with retail franchisee MH Alshaya....
Retailer Payless ShoeSource has extended its agreement with designer Stacey Bendet Eisner covering her footwear collection, Alice + Olivia for Payless....
A $30m trademark infringement settlement has helped athletic footwear maker K-Swiss Inc to a three-fold rise in second quarter profit - and given it a strong balance sheet as it tries to reposition it...
A US court has issued a preliminary injunction against discount shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc after deciding that its use of the American Eagle mark for footwear and bags infringes the trademark o...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020