USA: Payne Returns To Goody's In Newly-created Role
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc, (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced the appointment of John Payne to the newly created position of senior vice president, general merchandise manager, for men's, children's and shoes. Payne served as Goody's divisional merchandise manager for the men's division from 1992 to 1997 and was responsible for the development and launch of Ivy Crew, the company's private label collection for men. He rejoins the company from Cougar International, a domestic import company for apparel, where he served for the past three years as vice president. Payne will oversee the men's, children's and shoe divisions and will report initially to Robert M Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "John made important contributions to Goody's during his early years at the company and possesses an incredible ability to forecast and interpret important trends in apparel - particularly men's," said Goodfriend. "We are delighted to have him return as part of the management team as we continue to work to strengthen all facets of our merchandising operation." With headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, Goody's is a retailer of moderately-priced family apparel operating 297 stores through 17 states.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022