USA: Payne Returns To Goody's In Newly-created Role
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc, (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced the appointment of John Payne to the newly created position of senior vice president, general merchandise manager, for men's, children's and shoes. Payne served as Goody's divisional merchandise manager for the men's division from 1992 to 1997 and was responsible for the development and launch of Ivy Crew, the company's private label collection for men. He rejoins the company from Cougar International, a domestic import company for apparel, where he served for the past three years as vice president. Payne will oversee the men's, children's and shoe divisions and will report initially to Robert M Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "John made important contributions to Goody's during his early years at the company and possesses an incredible ability to forecast and interpret important trends in apparel - particularly men's," said Goodfriend. "We are delighted to have him return as part of the management team as we continue to work to strengthen all facets of our merchandising operation." With headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, Goody's is a retailer of moderately-priced family apparel operating 297 stores through 17 states.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022