USA: Payne Returns To Goody's In Newly-created Role
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc, (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced the appointment of John Payne to the newly created position of senior vice president, general merchandise manager, for men's, children's and shoes. Payne served as Goody's divisional merchandise manager for the men's division from 1992 to 1997 and was responsible for the development and launch of Ivy Crew, the company's private label collection for men. He rejoins the company from Cougar International, a domestic import company for apparel, where he served for the past three years as vice president. Payne will oversee the men's, children's and shoe divisions and will report initially to Robert M Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "John made important contributions to Goody's during his early years at the company and possesses an incredible ability to forecast and interpret important trends in apparel - particularly men's," said Goodfriend. "We are delighted to have him return as part of the management team as we continue to work to strengthen all facets of our merchandising operation." With headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, Goody's is a retailer of moderately-priced family apparel operating 297 stores through 17 states.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts