USA: Payne Returns To Goody's In Newly-created Role
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc, (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced the appointment of John Payne to the newly created position of senior vice president, general merchandise manager, for men's, children's and shoes. Payne served as Goody's divisional merchandise manager for the men's division from 1992 to 1997 and was responsible for the development and launch of Ivy Crew, the company's private label collection for men. He rejoins the company from Cougar International, a domestic import company for apparel, where he served for the past three years as vice president. Payne will oversee the men's, children's and shoe divisions and will report initially to Robert M Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "John made important contributions to Goody's during his early years at the company and possesses an incredible ability to forecast and interpret important trends in apparel - particularly men's," said Goodfriend. "We are delighted to have him return as part of the management team as we continue to work to strengthen all facets of our merchandising operation." With headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, Goody's is a retailer of moderately-priced family apparel operating 297 stores through 17 states.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022