UK: Peacock Confirms Interest In Littlewoods Stores
Privately owned Littlewoods revealed on Tuesday that it had received several approaches about an acquisition of its entire 170 store portfolio, which includes standalone Index catalogue shops. The stores have a 2.8 per cent share of the clothing market.
Peacock is currently in takeover talks with discount retailer Bon Marche Group Ltd, and sees potential to double its existing 345 UK stores. On the Bon Marche front, Peacock says discussions are "progressing satisfactorily," although a number of issues remain outstanding.
Reports have suggested Associated British Foods PLC's Primark chain as a possible suitor. Next Plc and Matalan Plc have said they are not interested, and Bhs owner Philip Green has ruled out a bid from either him or his departing chief executive Terry Green.
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Retail mogul Philip Green is reportedly in talks over a possible sale of the Bhs clothing chain, but is remaining silent on the issue....
Retail tycoon Philip Green has criticised the stock of his store chain BHS as being 'poor', and 'off the boil' in comments reported yesterday....
High-street mogul Philip Green's Bhs chain has admitted a slip in annual sales and profits a day after ex-bid target Marks & Spencer said it was finally on track with recovering its sales....
Value store retailer Peacock Group Plc has been approached with a potential bid for the company for the second time in less than six months....
Retailers Marks and Spencer and Bhs are most likely to benefit once Littlewoods Stores no longer has a presence in the UK high street according to new research....
Budget clothing retailer The Peacock Group Plc said on Friday that first quarter like-for-like sales were up 2.8 per cent in the 13 weeks to 2 July 2005....
Value apparel company The Peacock Group says it has benefited from consumers leaning towards the budget end of the market, posting a 6.9 per cent rise in full-year profits to £38.5 million. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022