UK: Peacock Enjoys 28 Per Cent Profits Jump
Discount fashion chain The Peacock Group on Wednesday revealed a 28 per cent year-on-year jump in full-year pre-tax profits to £16.4 million on the back of a 15 per cent jump in sales to £270m. The group said like-for-like sales rose 3.5 per cent over the year and its results were boosted by the opening of 34 new Peacocks stores as well as its wholesaling deal with Woolworths and Big W chain to 2005. However, there was a one-time charge of £400,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"