UK: Peacock Group Confirms Bid Approach
In response to recent speculation, discount fashion retailer The Peacock Group Plc today confirmed it has received a bid approach at 340.5 pence per share in cash.
The company stressed the "indicative approach" "may or may not lead to an offer being made."
It said "discussions remain at a preliminary stage and that the proposals being considered are subject to a number of material pre-conditions and there is no certainty that any offer will be made for the company."
On Saturday the Financial Times reported that Goldman Sachs and a group of six hedge funds have entered into exclusive negotiations to take Peacock private in a deal worth around £400 million.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective