SCOTLAND: Peacocks Expands Into Scotland
Peacocks, the Cardiff-based value-for-money retailer, opened its first store in Scotland - and 295th UK store - at the end of last month. The 5,500 sq ft store, located in Leven, will be the first of five planned stores north of the border.Peacocks aim to open a further four stores in Scotland this year. The stores will be located in Kilmarnock, Port Glasgow, Wishaw and Dalkeith and will add a total of 31,600 sq ft to Peacocks selling space and will create 65 new jobs. Commenting on the store openings, Richard Kirk, chief executive of The Peacock Group, said: "The opening of this first store in Scotland is a milestone in the development of the business. Given the success of the Peacocks range within the Big W store in Edinburgh, we are very confident that the Peacocks proposition of good quality clothing, in a pleasant shopping environment at great value-for-money prices, will prove very popular in Scotland.Peacocks, which plans to open more outlets in secondary locations, announced earlier this month that it was to trial its adult clothing and footwear ranges in three new Woolworths stores as well as extending its participation in the Big W stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective