USA: Peerless Licenses Perry Ellis America Brand
Perry Ellis International Inc (Nasdaq:PERY) has appointed Peerless Clothing Inc as the United States licensee for the Perry Ellis America brand of young men's tailored clothing. The collection will launch in the fall/winter 2001 season, coinciding with the much expected relaunch of Perry Ellis America Jeanswear. "There is a definite trend among young men to dress up for their leisure activities. The standard nine-to-five work attire does not suit this need, they are demanding a totally different type of tailored suit separates and 6.5" to 8" drop in clothing with a younger, hipper, easier, forward fashion look. Peerless has a real grip in this emerging segment of the market, they are the ideal partner for us" said Allan Zwerner, president of Licensing Perry Ellis International. Alvin Segal, chairman of Peerless Clothing Inc added: "This type of young suit is the fastest growing segment in the tailored clothing market. We were looking for the appropriate brand to enter this segment from a position of strength and were extremely impressed with the renewed vitality of the Perry Ellis America concept". The Perry Ellis America brand targets a young consumer seeking to evolve his personal style with products that are forward thinking, distinctive, easy, innovative and wearable. The Perry Ellis America collection encompasses full offerings of Activewear, Swimwear, athletic shoes, eyewear, small leather goods, fragrances and, starting in 2001, jeanswear, accessories and tailored clothing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth