USA: Pegasus Picks Up Judith Leiber
Time Products, Inc is to sell its Judith Leiber division to Pegasus Apparel Group (PAGI). The sale is expected to be completed within 30 days.The Judith Leiber company will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Pegasus Apparel Group. The business will be acquired as an ongoing concern. Victor Lipko, who joined the Judith Leiber company as CEO in 1996, will continue to manage the company, reporting to Stephen L. Ruzow, chairman and chief executive officer of PAGI. Mr Ruzow will also hold the title of chairman of Judith Leiber, LLC."Judith Leiber is one of the premiere luxury accessories brands in the world today," said Ruzow. "It has an amazing history that started with the founder, and today the brand's international recognition is unparalleled by any other American accessories designer."This acquisition is emblematic of Pegasus's movement towards growing established brands worldwide and diversifying into accessories and other product categories.Pegasus will strategically expand the Leiber product line and long-term plans include opening additional free-standing stores. Judith Leiber evening bags are sold in exclusive specialty stores in the US, including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and Bloomingdale's. The Judith Leiber company owns and operates boutiques in New York, California and Las Vegas as well as a concession in Harrods, London.Leiber is the most recent acquisition of the Pegasus Apparel Group, Inc, the New York based fashion investment group. Pegasus's other holdings include majority positions in Miguel Adrover, Pamela Dennis, Daryl Kerrigan and Angela Amiri.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022