USA: Pegasus Picks Up Judith Leiber
Time Products, Inc is to sell its Judith Leiber division to Pegasus Apparel Group (PAGI). The sale is expected to be completed within 30 days.The Judith Leiber company will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Pegasus Apparel Group. The business will be acquired as an ongoing concern. Victor Lipko, who joined the Judith Leiber company as CEO in 1996, will continue to manage the company, reporting to Stephen L. Ruzow, chairman and chief executive officer of PAGI. Mr Ruzow will also hold the title of chairman of Judith Leiber, LLC."Judith Leiber is one of the premiere luxury accessories brands in the world today," said Ruzow. "It has an amazing history that started with the founder, and today the brand's international recognition is unparalleled by any other American accessories designer."This acquisition is emblematic of Pegasus's movement towards growing established brands worldwide and diversifying into accessories and other product categories.Pegasus will strategically expand the Leiber product line and long-term plans include opening additional free-standing stores. Judith Leiber evening bags are sold in exclusive specialty stores in the US, including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and Bloomingdale's. The Judith Leiber company owns and operates boutiques in New York, California and Las Vegas as well as a concession in Harrods, London.Leiber is the most recent acquisition of the Pegasus Apparel Group, Inc, the New York based fashion investment group. Pegasus's other holdings include majority positions in Miguel Adrover, Pamela Dennis, Daryl Kerrigan and Angela Amiri.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar