USA: Pennington Named President Of Genesco
Genesco chairman and CEO Ben T. Harris announced today the appointment of Hal N. Pennington to the position of president of Genesco, adding to his current chief operating officer responsibilities. The promotion is effective November 1, 2000.Pennington, also a director of the company, was named executive vice president and chief operating officer in 1999. A 39-year veteran of Genesco, Pennington was president of Johnston & Murphy from 1997 to 1999 and was named a senior vice president of the company in 1998. He also served as president of Dockers Footwear from 1995 to 1997 and held the position of vice president - wholesale for Johnston & Murphy from 1990 to 1995.Harris, who continues as chairman and chief executive officer, said that Pennington would assume responsibility for operational support functions including human resources and information systems, in addition to his existing oversight of the Company's operating divisions. The finance and legal areas continue to report directly to Harris."During the past year, Hal has proven his strength and acumen in managing the Company's operating divisions," said Harris. "We have worked very well as a team and I look forward to continuing to work with him on a day to day basis. With operations in capable hands, I can focus on the Company's strategic direction as we seek to ensure that the positive momentum we are enjoying now continues for years to come."In addition, John W. Clinard, has been named vice president, administration and human resources, for Genesco. Clinard has most recently served as vice president of human resources. A 28-year veteran of the company, he assumes additional responsibility for the areas of real estate, store construction, physical distribution and information systems. He will report directly to Pennington.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016