USA: Pennington Named President Of Genesco
Genesco chairman and CEO Ben T. Harris announced today the appointment of Hal N. Pennington to the position of president of Genesco, adding to his current chief operating officer responsibilities. The promotion is effective November 1, 2000.Pennington, also a director of the company, was named executive vice president and chief operating officer in 1999. A 39-year veteran of Genesco, Pennington was president of Johnston & Murphy from 1997 to 1999 and was named a senior vice president of the company in 1998. He also served as president of Dockers Footwear from 1995 to 1997 and held the position of vice president - wholesale for Johnston & Murphy from 1990 to 1995.Harris, who continues as chairman and chief executive officer, said that Pennington would assume responsibility for operational support functions including human resources and information systems, in addition to his existing oversight of the Company's operating divisions. The finance and legal areas continue to report directly to Harris."During the past year, Hal has proven his strength and acumen in managing the Company's operating divisions," said Harris. "We have worked very well as a team and I look forward to continuing to work with him on a day to day basis. With operations in capable hands, I can focus on the Company's strategic direction as we seek to ensure that the positive momentum we are enjoying now continues for years to come."In addition, John W. Clinard, has been named vice president, administration and human resources, for Genesco. Clinard has most recently served as vice president of human resources. A 28-year veteran of the company, he assumes additional responsibility for the areas of real estate, store construction, physical distribution and information systems. He will report directly to Pennington.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective