UK: People Tree teams with Emma Watson on teenage line
People Tree, the sustainable and Fair Trade fashion brand, has teamed up with actress Emma Watson to create a capsule lifestyle collection aimed at a younger audience.
All royalties made from the collection will be donated to the People Tree Foundation, an independent charity working alongside the company to raise awareness of fair and sustainable fashion.
Launching in late February 2010, the spring summer line targets the 16-24 age group with women's and men's clothing and accessories including knitwear, cotton T-shirts and jersey dresses.
As well as using mostly 100% organic and Fairtrade certified cotton, the collection is made entirely by Fair Trade groups in Bangladesh, India and Nepal, using hand weaving, hand knitting and hand embroidery.
Emma Watson says: "I think young people like me are becoming increasingly aware of the humanitarian and environmental issues surrounding fast fashion and want to make good choices but there aren't many options out there."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A year on from the launch of the Sustainable Clothing Action Plan (SCAP) in the UK and a number of initiatives are in place to reduce the amount of garments going to landfill....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
The use of environmentally friendly materials and fairtrade and ethical production standards is likely to become mainstream in the next decade in the global apparel sector, industry experts predict....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing