USA: Perry Ellis And Men's Wearhouse Develop Mondo Brands
Several of the men's wear brands that Perry Ellis has agreed to buy from the bankruptcy estate of Mondo Inc are to be jointly developed by Perry Ellis International Inc (Nasdaq:PERY) and Men's Wearhouse Inc (NYSE:MW) The agreement between Perry Ellis International and Mondo contemplates the purchase of the Mondo di Marco, Pronto Uomo and Linea Uomo trademarks. A final resolution on the transaction is expected by October 24, 2000. "Men's Wearhouse is one of the smartest retailers in the country. This agreement will allow both companies to capitalize on the brands, to enhance distribution and bring these brands to their highest awareness level ever. We expect this to be the first step in a long and fruitful relationship," said George Feldenkreis, chairman and CEO of Perry Ellis International. "The agreement with Perry Ellis International Inc, which has recognized design, production and marketing capabilities worldwide, will enable both companies to maximize the value of these brands. We are pleased that Perry Ellis International Inc has entered into this agreement and believe that, given our distribution in the United States and Canada, we see great opportunity for some of these brands in our stores," said Eric Lane, chief operating officer of The Men's Wearhouse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective