USA: Perry Ellis And Men's Wearhouse Develop Mondo Brands
Several of the men's wear brands that Perry Ellis has agreed to buy from the bankruptcy estate of Mondo Inc are to be jointly developed by Perry Ellis International Inc (Nasdaq:PERY) and Men's Wearhouse Inc (NYSE:MW) The agreement between Perry Ellis International and Mondo contemplates the purchase of the Mondo di Marco, Pronto Uomo and Linea Uomo trademarks. A final resolution on the transaction is expected by October 24, 2000. "Men's Wearhouse is one of the smartest retailers in the country. This agreement will allow both companies to capitalize on the brands, to enhance distribution and bring these brands to their highest awareness level ever. We expect this to be the first step in a long and fruitful relationship," said George Feldenkreis, chairman and CEO of Perry Ellis International. "The agreement with Perry Ellis International Inc, which has recognized design, production and marketing capabilities worldwide, will enable both companies to maximize the value of these brands. We are pleased that Perry Ellis International Inc has entered into this agreement and believe that, given our distribution in the United States and Canada, we see great opportunity for some of these brands in our stores," said Eric Lane, chief operating officer of The Men's Wearhouse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020