USA: Perry Ellis And Men's Wearhouse Develop Mondo Brands
Several of the men's wear brands that Perry Ellis has agreed to buy from the bankruptcy estate of Mondo Inc are to be jointly developed by Perry Ellis International Inc (Nasdaq:PERY) and Men's Wearhouse Inc (NYSE:MW) The agreement between Perry Ellis International and Mondo contemplates the purchase of the Mondo di Marco, Pronto Uomo and Linea Uomo trademarks. A final resolution on the transaction is expected by October 24, 2000. "Men's Wearhouse is one of the smartest retailers in the country. This agreement will allow both companies to capitalize on the brands, to enhance distribution and bring these brands to their highest awareness level ever. We expect this to be the first step in a long and fruitful relationship," said George Feldenkreis, chairman and CEO of Perry Ellis International. "The agreement with Perry Ellis International Inc, which has recognized design, production and marketing capabilities worldwide, will enable both companies to maximize the value of these brands. We are pleased that Perry Ellis International Inc has entered into this agreement and believe that, given our distribution in the United States and Canada, we see great opportunity for some of these brands in our stores," said Eric Lane, chief operating officer of The Men's Wearhouse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack