US: Perry Ellis appoints Jakubowski as chief merchandising officer
Perry Ellis has appointed Doug Jakubowski as chief merchandising officer, leading all global operations for the apparel brand.
The company said yesterday (3 October) that Jakubowski will guide product strategy from design conception to product assortment through to final presentation in stores. He will report to president and COO Oscar Feldenkreis.
Jakubowski has held several executive positions with the Salant Corporation and Perry Ellis. From 2003-2005 he was responsible for the day-to-day operations of the men's sportswear, dress shirt and accessory divisions. His most recent role was as chief merchandising officer of Kenneth Cole Productions.
"Doug has a proven track record of success with global brands, and he possesses exceptional skills in merchandising and design, and we are thrilled to have him back within our organisation," said Feldenkreis.
"His strong business capabilities, creativity, and approachable management style will be invaluable as we seek to continue strengthening Perry Ellis as a world-class lifestyle brand."
Perry Ellis has revealed that it will liquidate and close a number of brands before the end of fiscal 2013 as part of restructuring plans....
Apparel business Perry Ellis suffered a drop in fourth quarter profit, despite a double-digit revenue increase, after a difficult holiday season....
Kenneth Cole Productions has appointed BofA Merrill Lynch as an advisor to assist it in evaluating a bid made by founder Kenneth Cole to take the company private....
Perry Ellis subsidiary PEI Licensing has entered new license agreements, with Sugar Plum NY, S Rothschild and Company and Nolan Glove to design, manufacture and distribute girl's dresses, outerwear an...
Lifestyle brand business Kenneth Cole Productions recorded a net profit of US$8m in the fourth quarter of 2011, thanks to a 75% surge in wholesale revenues....
Footwear, apparel and accessories designer Kenneth Cole has put in a bid to take his namesake company private so it will be able to focus on long-term innovation rather than short-term earnings....
Apparel firm Perry Ellis International Inc has bought the Ben Hogan golf brand from Callaway Golf Co in a move that reinforces its focus on golf lifestyle clothing. ...
Apparel maker Perry Ellis is reviewing its brand portfolio and streamlining its operations to "eliminate less productive overhead," after warning that increased discounting is likely to hurt its fourt...
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Factory funding gap has mixed impact in Myanmar
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Intertek takes garment inspections to Myanmar
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020