US: Perry Ellis appoints Miller as Rafaella president
US apparel company Perry Ellis has appointed Denise Miller as president of Rafaella Sportswear.
The company described Miller as an "experienced fashion executive with an impressive background" having held positions within the Kellwood Corporation, and most recently with G-III Apparel where she served as president of Calvin Klein suits and suit separates.
The appointment is part of Perry Ellis's efforts to strengthen Rafaella's positioning among the leading women's sportswear brands.
Miller will be based in the company's New York City office, and will be responsible for all aspects of the Rafaella business, including sales, design, merchandising and operations.
"We are pleased to welcome Denise to Perry Ellis International and are very excited about the breadth of experience in brand-building and leadership that she brings to the company," commented Perry Ellis president and COO Oscar Feldenkreis. "We would also like to thank Lana Todorovich for her leadership while serving as interim president of the Rafaella business."
Todorovich will resume her role as president of swim, ladies' activewear and shapewear.
Rafaella Sportswear has also strengthened its design and merchandising functions by installing Veronica Davis, who is currently EVP of design for Laundry by Shelli Segal. She will oversee those functions for both brands.
Women's wear maker G-III Apparel Group has inked a licence agreement with fashion model and businesswoman Ivanka Trump to develop sportswear, dresses, suits, suit separates, sleepwear, activewear, jea...
Clothing manufacturer G-III Apparel Group has raised its full-year earnings guidance after booking a 10.8% increase in third-quarter net profit....
Lululemon Athletica has reached an agreement with Calvin Klein and its licensee G-III Apparel Group to resolve a lawsuit relating to yoga pant designs. ...
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International says it is pleased with the progress being made to reorganise its business, despite a halving of its third quarter profit....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report