USA: Perry Ellis Appoints Two Execs In Bottoms Division
US apparel giant Perry Ellis International Inc has made two executive management appointments in its bottoms division as it prepares to close the acquisition of its UK subsidiary Tropical Sportswear International.
Steve Harriman - previously manager of product development, design and sourcing for Perry Ellis Portfolio - has been promoted to president of the Perry Ellis bottoms division, where he will oversee sales, design and sourcing of the combined companies' bottoms business, including the brands currently owned by TSI.
David Yarbrough, previously senior vice president of apparel group Haggar Corp's private brand segment, has been named as executive vice president of Perry Ellis's bottoms division.
Yarbrough will be responsible for the sales of all non-Perry Ellis brand bottoms and distribution and logistics for TSI's Tampa facility, and will also co-manage with Steve Harriman the merchandising, design and sourcing of all non-Perry Ellis brand bottoms.
Perry Ellis' brands include Perry Ellis, Jantzen, Cubavera, Munsingwear, John Henry, Original Penguin, Grand Slam, Natural Issue, Pro Player, the Havanera Co, Axis, and Tricots St Raphael.
The business was given bankruptcy court approval to acquire certain assets of its UK subsidiary TSI earlier this month in a deal worth an estimated $88.5 million in cash.
Perry Ellis is planning to grow TSI's brands which include names such as Savane, Farah, and Banana Joe, by investing money into marketing and enhancing design.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
President of apparel group Perry Ellis International's men's wear unit, Douglas Jakubowski, is quitting the company on 5 August to pursue other interests....
Apparel and accessories company Perry Ellis International Inc has netted two new licensing deals for its goods to be made and sold in the South Pacific and Canada....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has entered into a license deal with LUPO International for the manufacture and distribution of Mondo di Marco men's dress and casual shoes within the US an...
Business solutions supplier Indra Technology Inc has released Version 4.3 of its Escape Sales Force Automation Software....
Large-scale apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has signed a deal with children's apparel maker Weeplay LLC to extend the Original Penguin brand to newborn, infant and toddler sizes....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has appointed Paul Rosengard as group president of the company's premium brands, as of 1 August 2005....
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Men's and women's apparel marketer Haggar Clothing Co is planning to implement Jesta IS's Vision Merchandising Solution in its retail subsidiary....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar