USA: Perry Ellis Enjoys 6 Per Cent Profit Jump
The Florida-based company posted net income of $2.2 million, or 34 cents per diluted share, compared with $1.5m, or 23 cents per share, in 2001.
Those earnings were reduced by 10 cents a share due to the recent acquisition of the Jantzen swimwear business. Its year-ago earnings would have been nine cents a share if adjusted for new accounting rules.
Net sales fell 3.9 per cent to $56.4m from $58.7m but royalty income climbed 10.9 per cent to $7.6 million and unit shipments rose 3.4 per cent to 6.1 million units.
"Despite a challenging retail environment, our ability to successfully execute our strategies enabled us to achieve improved results for the second quarter," said Oscar Feldenkreis, president and COO.
"Our strong performance was driven by a continuing shift in the mix of our business to the mid-tier department stores and department store channels, the successful introduction of our Perry Ellis America young-men's jeans line and the continued strength of our licensing division."
The company markets products in more than 40 different categories under the Perry Ellis, Perry Ellis Portfolio and Perry Ellis America trademarks. It also produces and distributes other trademarks including, Jantzen, Nike and Tommy Hilfiger.
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc said its first-quarter income rose on higher revenue from brand sales....
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has become the first major company in the global footwear and apparel industries to publicly disclose its contract supplier base....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack