USA: Perry Ellis Licenses Men's Outerwear to Shayne Industries
Perry Ellis International announced today the appointment of Shayne Industries USA, Inc as its men's outerwear licensee for the Perry Ellis Collection and Perry Ellis Portfolio in the United States. The outerwear collection will debut for spring/summer 2000. This is the first time that the Chinese outerwear firm has licensed an American designer brand. "We looked far and wide for the best possible name to continue our expansion in the United States," said Russell Fox, president of Shayne. "Our market research showed that Perry Ellis is the right brand for the new millennium." Allan Zwerner, president of Licensing of PEI added: "We welcome Shayne Industries to the Perry Ellis family. We were extremely impressed with their manufacturing capacity and obsession with quality. Shayne fits right in with the world-class team that we have been assembling over the past year. In related news, Russell Fox has named Brian Lane as head of design for the new license. Fox states: "Brian brings with him a rare taste level and a wealth of experience having headed the design departments of Weatherproof, London Fog and Member's Only." Perry Ellis International is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ:PERY) which markets men's, women's and children's products in 39 different categories under the Perry Ellis, Perry Ellis Portfolio and Perry Ellis America trademarks. Perry Ellis products are available in the United States and in more than 26 countries with worldwide retail sales of almost $1 billion. Supreme International, a division of PEI manufactures, markets and distributes more than 30 other trademarks both domestically and internationally. Shayne Industries USA, Inc is a fully owned subsidiary of Shayne Industries Taiwan, a privately held 25-year old Chinese company that operates in four continents. Shayne Industries USA, Inc was established three years ago in New York by Russell Fox to manufacture and distribute outerwear under the Rainforest brand and a variety of Private Labels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar