USA: Perry Ellis Posts Record Q1 Revenue
The Miami-based company, which owns the Cubavera and Penguin Sport brands, also posted a 46 per cent year-on-year jump in net income to $8.2m for the quarter.
According to CEO George Feldenkreis, the company's men's apparel business was a major driver of the first quarter results.
"The dramatic shift in the men's retail climate that began last quarter has continued to boost sales through the first quarter of this year," he said.
"We are benefiting not only from an improving economy, but also from our focus on newness and innovation."
Perry Ellis acquired the Salant Corporation in June 2003, which contributed about $65m to first quarter revenue.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Design consultant George Davies, who last week announced his departure from Marks & Spencer's Per Una fashion brand, is planning to establish a stand-alone clothing chain to rival M&S....
Perry Ellis International Inc has signed a multi-year agreement with the Miami Dolphins and Dolphins Stadium to promote the company's brands at football games....
Clothing producer and licensor Perry Ellis International Inc says it experienced a slimmed-down second-quarter loss as strong men's wholesale business and a recent acquisition pushed up revenue....
President of apparel group Perry Ellis International's men's wear unit, Douglas Jakubowski, is quitting the company on 5 August to pursue other interests....
Apparel and accessories company Perry Ellis International Inc has netted two new licensing deals for its goods to be made and sold in the South Pacific and Canada....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has entered into a license deal with LUPO International for the manufacture and distribution of Mondo di Marco men's dress and casual shoes within the US an...
Large-scale apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has signed a deal with children's apparel maker Weeplay LLC to extend the Original Penguin brand to newborn, infant and toddler sizes....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has appointed Paul Rosengard as group president of the company's premium brands, as of 1 August 2005....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022