USA: Perry Ellis Purchases Mondo Di Marco Brands
Perry Ellis today announced that it has signed an agreement to purchase the Mondo di Marco, Pronto Uomo and Linea Uomo trademarks from the bankruptcy estate of Mondo, Inc. The purchase price was approximately $3.5m. Under PEI's previously announced agreement with Men's Wearhouse, the two companies will work together to capitalise on the strength of the acquired brands. Upon final approval of the acquisition, Men's Wearhouse will purchase the worldwide rights from PEI to distribute the Pronto Uomo and Linea Uomo brands for approximately $1.75m. George Feldenkreis, CEO of Perry Ellis, said: "The addition of the Mondo di Marco will increase PEI's presence in the designer market, enabling us to further diversify our distribution into premier retail accounts such as Nordstrom and Saks where the brand is currently sold." In connection with the acquisition, the Company also announced that Hal Davis has been appointed vice president of sales, designer brands, for PEI. Mr Davis will be responsible for managing the design, production and marketing of selected designer brands under the PEI portfolio. Prior to his appointment, he was divisional president of the Mondo di Marco and Gene Meyer divisions of Mondo, and has also held executive positions at cK Calvin Klein, American Fashion, Valentino, and other designer companies. He will report to Oscar Feldenkreis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020