Pertex launches new outdoor performance fabrics
Montane's jackets include Pertex's latest fabric technology
Performance fabric maker Pertex has developed two new high-performance waterproof and breathable materials to meet growing demand for extremely-lightweight weatherproof outerwear.
Pertex Shield AP is a high-performance waterproof breathable fabric that features an advanced air-porous membrane to offer the highest levels of durability and performance in various weather conditions and environments.
And Pertex Shield+, the brand's lightest three-ply waterproof breathable fabric, offers extreme wind and water protection with "excellent breathability to create the ultimate waterproof performance fabric for fast-moving outdoor athletes" and activities such as alpine climbing, cycling, adventure racing and skiing.
"Pertex fabrics are developed to match the specific needs of the end-user," says brand director Steve Laycock. "By altering the design, construction and finish, we are able to engineer products to suit a range of applications."
The new fabric technologies will feature in new spring/summer collections from outdoor wear manufacturers Montane and Rab.
Rab has added Pertex Shield+ three layer fabric to its Flashpoint jackets for men and women, while Montane will introduce its new men's packable Minimus 777 Jacket and Minimus 777 Pull-On – both made with Pertex Shield+.
In addition, Montane's new men's and women's Air Jacket is constructed with Pertex Shield AP, and is said to offer the highest levels of waterproof durability and breathability.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective