UK: Philip Green Mulls Fresh Arcadia Bid
According to the Financial Times, Green will today hold talks with his advisors to discuss his next move after his initial £690 million bid was rejected by the owner of Top Shop and Dorothy Perkins last week.
Arcadia chief executive Stuart Rose is believed to be holding out for 400 pence a share compared to Green’s original bid of 365p a share.
Companies: Arcadia Group
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Finding attractive clothing in larger sizes is still problematic for consumers a new market report has found. But with the UK market for plus-size fashion expected to grow by 6 per cent during 2005 ca...
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
High-street mogul Philip Green has given himself a record dividend of £1.2 billion after his fashion group Arcadia reported a modest increase in annual profits....
Intellifit Corporation has begun implementing a pilot programme for its Find What Fits sizing technology kiosks, which are designed to help customers find the best-fitting styles, brands and sizes....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack