US: Phillips-Van Heusen given new name
The move was given “overwhelming” shareholder approval at the company’s annual meeting, PVH said.
“In under a decade, our company has experienced a tremendous amount of change that has redefined the identity, culture, performance and potential of the company – first with the successful acquisition of Calvin Klein in 2003, and then with the addition of Tommy Hilfiger in 2010,” said Emanuel Chirico, chairman and CEO.
“Through these transformative acquisitions, we have secured our position as one of the largest global apparel companies, with a diversified portfolio of iconic lifestyle and apparel brands.”
Founded in 1881, PVH had revenues of almost US$5bn in 2010 and also owns brands including Van Heusen, Izod, Arrow and GH Bass & Co, plus licensed brands.
“Through this period of significant growth, our customers, stockholders, vendors and other stakeholders around the world have come to think of us more and more as ‘PVH’,” said Chirico.
Adidas sportswear supplier Augusta Manufacturing is investing $5m at its factory in Nicaragua to create 500 jobs by the end of this year, and expects to double its workforce in 2012....
G-III Apparel Group has inked a deal with Calvin Klein Inc to open Calvin Klein Performance stores and shop in shops selling women's apparel in the US and China....
G-III Apparel Group lowered its full-year profit forecasts after third quarter margins were dented by higher product costs and increased levels of promotion....
Apparel seller PVH Corp has raised its full-year forecasts again, after strong sales of its Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands helped lift third-quarter earnings by 12.4%....
Manufacturer Tefron Ltd has narrowed its third quarter loss thanks to soaring sales of its seamless intimate apparel and performance activewear lines....
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd yesterday (10 November) said talks to buy Jones Group's jeanswear division are taking longer than the initial one-month timeframe, but the deal is...
US lingerie maker Maidenform has appointed Malcolm Robinson as president, effective immediately....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019