US: Phillips-Van Heusen given new name
The move was given “overwhelming” shareholder approval at the company’s annual meeting, PVH said.
“In under a decade, our company has experienced a tremendous amount of change that has redefined the identity, culture, performance and potential of the company – first with the successful acquisition of Calvin Klein in 2003, and then with the addition of Tommy Hilfiger in 2010,” said Emanuel Chirico, chairman and CEO.
“Through these transformative acquisitions, we have secured our position as one of the largest global apparel companies, with a diversified portfolio of iconic lifestyle and apparel brands.”
Founded in 1881, PVH had revenues of almost US$5bn in 2010 and also owns brands including Van Heusen, Izod, Arrow and GH Bass & Co, plus licensed brands.
“Through this period of significant growth, our customers, stockholders, vendors and other stakeholders around the world have come to think of us more and more as ‘PVH’,” said Chirico.
Adidas sportswear supplier Augusta Manufacturing is investing $5m at its factory in Nicaragua to create 500 jobs by the end of this year, and expects to double its workforce in 2012....
G-III Apparel Group has inked a deal with Calvin Klein Inc to open Calvin Klein Performance stores and shop in shops selling women's apparel in the US and China....
G-III Apparel Group lowered its full-year profit forecasts after third quarter margins were dented by higher product costs and increased levels of promotion....
Apparel seller PVH Corp has raised its full-year forecasts again, after strong sales of its Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands helped lift third-quarter earnings by 12.4%....
Manufacturer Tefron Ltd has narrowed its third quarter loss thanks to soaring sales of its seamless intimate apparel and performance activewear lines....
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd yesterday (10 November) said talks to buy Jones Group's jeanswear division are taking longer than the initial one-month timeframe, but the deal is...
US lingerie maker Maidenform has appointed Malcolm Robinson as president, effective immediately....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies