USA: Phillips-Van Heusen Licenses Bass To Brown Shoe
The licensing agreement, which will see St Louis-based Brown Shoe design, source and market footwear under the Bass label, is expected to take effect in early February.
According to Phillips-Van Heusen CEO Bruce Klatsky, the move will allow the company to focus on its Calvin Klein brand and wholesale apparel business.
"Our wholesale footwear business was unable to become more than marginally profitable," he said.
"The license agreement with Brown Shoe gives us the ability to partner with a footwear company that has both the size and expertise to grow the Bass footwear business and enhance its brand image."
In related news, Brown Shoe has named former Phillips-Van Heusen footwear division vice-president Diane Sullivan as its new company president.
Sullivan, who also served as COO of Stride Rite Corporation, will oversee Brown Shoe's operating divisions including famous Footwear, Brown Shoe Wholesale and Naturalizer.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
Apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corp has reported a jump in second-quarter earnings on good sales of men's sportswear and smart shirts....
Worldwide footwear company Brown Shoe Co Inc has suffered a 47 per cent slump in second-quarter profit, affected by expenses related to store closures and inventory write-off....
Calvin Klein is set to close its Barcelona, Spain, shop next month as the US fashion brand continues to perform unsatisfactorily in Spain, just-style has learned....
Footwear group Brown Shoe Company Inc has revealed a strategy to further boost its Naturalizer brand which includes the closure of 80 underperforming stores in the US and Canada....
Top apparel company The Warnaco Group Inc has signed deals with Swimwear Anywhere Inc and design giant Calvin Klein Inc to accelerate the company's launch of Calvin Klein women's swimwear in North Ame...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack