US: Phoenix Footwear Q3 profit surges 266%
- Q3 profit up 266% to $267,000
- Sales rose 1.6% to $4.74m
- Gross margin improved to 39.7%
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear has more than tripled its third-quarter net profit on the back of higher sales and improved margins.
Net income reached US$267,000 or $0.03 per share during the three months ended 29 September, compared to $73,000 or $0.01 per share last year. Operating earnings rose 156% to $619,000.
The Californian-based footwear firm said net sales edged up 1.6% to $4.74m, while gross margin rose to 39.7% compared to 38.2% the prior year.
Year-to-date profit reached $57,000, compared to a loss of $481,000 the same period last year. Sales increased 7.1% to $13.6m for the first nine months of the year.
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear Group has seen its full-year losses narrow after it was boosted by increased sales of its SoftWalk branded products....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras