US: Phoenix Footwear Q3 profit surges 266%
- Q3 profit up 266% to $267,000
- Sales rose 1.6% to $4.74m
- Gross margin improved to 39.7%
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear has more than tripled its third-quarter net profit on the back of higher sales and improved margins.
Net income reached US$267,000 or $0.03 per share during the three months ended 29 September, compared to $73,000 or $0.01 per share last year. Operating earnings rose 156% to $619,000.
The Californian-based footwear firm said net sales edged up 1.6% to $4.74m, while gross margin rose to 39.7% compared to 38.2% the prior year.
Year-to-date profit reached $57,000, compared to a loss of $481,000 the same period last year. Sales increased 7.1% to $13.6m for the first nine months of the year.
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear Group has seen its full-year losses narrow after it was boosted by increased sales of its SoftWalk branded products....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies