US: Phoenix Footwear Q3 profit surges 266%
- Q3 profit up 266% to $267,000
- Sales rose 1.6% to $4.74m
- Gross margin improved to 39.7%
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear has more than tripled its third-quarter net profit on the back of higher sales and improved margins.
Net income reached US$267,000 or $0.03 per share during the three months ended 29 September, compared to $73,000 or $0.01 per share last year. Operating earnings rose 156% to $619,000.
The Californian-based footwear firm said net sales edged up 1.6% to $4.74m, while gross margin rose to 39.7% compared to 38.2% the prior year.
Year-to-date profit reached $57,000, compared to a loss of $481,000 the same period last year. Sales increased 7.1% to $13.6m for the first nine months of the year.
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear Group has seen its full-year losses narrow after it was boosted by increased sales of its SoftWalk branded products....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015