US: Phoenix Footwear Q3 profit surges 266%
- Q3 profit up 266% to $267,000
- Sales rose 1.6% to $4.74m
- Gross margin improved to 39.7%
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear has more than tripled its third-quarter net profit on the back of higher sales and improved margins.
Net income reached US$267,000 or $0.03 per share during the three months ended 29 September, compared to $73,000 or $0.01 per share last year. Operating earnings rose 156% to $619,000.
The Californian-based footwear firm said net sales edged up 1.6% to $4.74m, while gross margin rose to 39.7% compared to 38.2% the prior year.
Year-to-date profit reached $57,000, compared to a loss of $481,000 the same period last year. Sales increased 7.1% to $13.6m for the first nine months of the year.
Comfort shoe maker Phoenix Footwear Group has seen its full-year losses narrow after it was boosted by increased sales of its SoftWalk branded products....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details