BELGIUM: Picanol Buys Airjet Business From Te Strake
Textile machinery specialist the Picanol Group has acquired the feeders and nozzles business of Dutch company Te Strake BV, a leader in airjet insertion technology.
The new business unit employs 60 people and has an annual turnover of about 9 million euros. The acquisition price has not been disclosed.
The feeders and nozzles business will be transferred to Te Strake Textile BV, a new company which will be fully owned by Picanol subsidiary Protronic NV.
The Picanol Group sees the acquisition as key to expanding its strategy of becoming a total solutions provider to the textile industry. In June this year, it officially launched GTP (Global Textile Partner), which provides the textile industry with a range of service solutions, both on Picanol and non-Picanol equipment.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022