BELGIUM: Picanol Buys Airjet Business From Te Strake
Textile machinery specialist the Picanol Group has acquired the feeders and nozzles business of Dutch company Te Strake BV, a leader in airjet insertion technology.
The new business unit employs 60 people and has an annual turnover of about 9 million euros. The acquisition price has not been disclosed.
The feeders and nozzles business will be transferred to Te Strake Textile BV, a new company which will be fully owned by Picanol subsidiary Protronic NV.
The Picanol Group sees the acquisition as key to expanding its strategy of becoming a total solutions provider to the textile industry. In June this year, it officially launched GTP (Global Textile Partner), which provides the textile industry with a range of service solutions, both on Picanol and non-Picanol equipment.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack