FRANCE: Pilati to leave Yves Saint Laurent
The luxury goods firm today (27 Feburary) said Pilati will show his final collection on 5 March in Paris, and that the brand will announce a new creative director in the coming weeks.
"Pilati, who since 2004 has stood at the creative helm of the maison and has been instrumental in the rebuilding and repositioning of an iconic French luxury brand," a statement said. "Under Stefano's guiding vision and artistic direction, the house has become a contemporary reference in high fashion."
There have been rumours that he will be replaced by Hedi Slimane, the ex-head of design at Dior menswear, according to Reuters.
Puma has confirmed plans to launch a range of compostable or recyclable shoes and clothing in the autumn. ...
French retail group PPR has formed an online joint venture with online retailer Yoox to accelerate the e-commerce development of some of its luxury brands. ...
French luxury and retail group PPR has seen its first-half profit rise 5.9% on the back of strong revenue growth in its luxury and sport & lifestyle divisions....
French luxury goods group PPR has appointed former Givenchy designer Brendan Mullane as creative director for the Brioni men's wear brand, which it acquired at the beginning of this year....
PPR-owned Yves St Laurent (YSL) has confirmed that its women's and men's fashion collections will adopt a new name from the beginning of next year - Saint Laurent Paris. ...
Spanish fashion retailer Zara has reportedly won its appeal against a trademark infringement claim brought by luxury footwear maker Christian Louboutin over its famous red-soled shoes....
French luxury goods group PPR is looking to set up an e-commerce venture with Italian online fashion retailer Yoox after signing a memorandum of understanding (MoU) last week. ...
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis