FRANCE: Pilati to leave Yves Saint Laurent
The luxury goods firm today (27 Feburary) said Pilati will show his final collection on 5 March in Paris, and that the brand will announce a new creative director in the coming weeks.
"Pilati, who since 2004 has stood at the creative helm of the maison and has been instrumental in the rebuilding and repositioning of an iconic French luxury brand," a statement said. "Under Stefano's guiding vision and artistic direction, the house has become a contemporary reference in high fashion."
There have been rumours that he will be replaced by Hedi Slimane, the ex-head of design at Dior menswear, according to Reuters.
Puma has confirmed plans to launch a range of compostable or recyclable shoes and clothing in the autumn. ...
French retail group PPR has formed an online joint venture with online retailer Yoox to accelerate the e-commerce development of some of its luxury brands. ...
French luxury and retail group PPR has seen its first-half profit rise 5.9% on the back of strong revenue growth in its luxury and sport & lifestyle divisions....
French luxury goods group PPR has appointed former Givenchy designer Brendan Mullane as creative director for the Brioni men's wear brand, which it acquired at the beginning of this year....
PPR-owned Yves St Laurent (YSL) has confirmed that its women's and men's fashion collections will adopt a new name from the beginning of next year - Saint Laurent Paris. ...
Spanish fashion retailer Zara has reportedly won its appeal against a trademark infringement claim brought by luxury footwear maker Christian Louboutin over its famous red-soled shoes....
French luxury goods group PPR is looking to set up an e-commerce venture with Italian online fashion retailer Yoox after signing a memorandum of understanding (MoU) last week. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead