UK: Pink Soda and Peter Werth brands for sale
Administrators say it is business as usual for the Peter Werth and Pink Soda brands after private equity investors withdrew their support.
Brand Acquisitions, the company behind Springrealm which owns the brands, went into administration on Friday (13 May), with a new owner now being sought while trading continues. Several interested parties have already come forward, according to the administrators.
Peter Werth and Pink Soda are wholesalers and retailers of men's and women's fashion respectively and operate from a head office, including warehousing facilities, in North London and a showroom in Manchester.
Peter Werth has a standalone store in Liverpool, 34 concessions within House of Fraser and has around 200 wholesale accounts in the UK, Belgium and Germany.
An undisclosed number of employees at the headquarters have been made redundant, leaving 70 staff across both businesses.
“It is our intention to trade the business as a going concern, with a view to finding a buyer and securing the jobs of the remaining employees," said Jason Baker, a partner at administrator FRP Advisory.
Department store retailer House of Fraser has posted a drop in first half profits after the costs associated with the opening of a new distribution centre offset a rise in sales....
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015