UK: Pink Soda and Peter Werth brands for sale
Administrators say it is business as usual for the Peter Werth and Pink Soda brands after private equity investors withdrew their support.
Brand Acquisitions, the company behind Springrealm which owns the brands, went into administration on Friday (13 May), with a new owner now being sought while trading continues. Several interested parties have already come forward, according to the administrators.
Peter Werth and Pink Soda are wholesalers and retailers of men's and women's fashion respectively and operate from a head office, including warehousing facilities, in North London and a showroom in Manchester.
Peter Werth has a standalone store in Liverpool, 34 concessions within House of Fraser and has around 200 wholesale accounts in the UK, Belgium and Germany.
An undisclosed number of employees at the headquarters have been made redundant, leaving 70 staff across both businesses.
“It is our intention to trade the business as a going concern, with a view to finding a buyer and securing the jobs of the remaining employees," said Jason Baker, a partner at administrator FRP Advisory.
Department store retailer House of Fraser has posted a drop in first half profits after the costs associated with the opening of a new distribution centre offset a rise in sales....
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019