USA: PlanetOutdoors.com Projects Four-Fold Increase In Performance
Vignette Corporation (Nasdaq: VIGN), a supplier of e-business applications, today announced that PlanetOutdoors.com has launched the newest version of its e-commerce site in record time using the Vignette V/5 e-business platform.PlanetOutdoors.com, a leading online retailer of outdoor recreation gear and apparel, expects the new site, which launched in May, to increase its concurrent user capacity by 400 per cent. The launch, accomplished in just six weeks from initial planning through deployment, included the PlanetOutdoors.com e-commerce site and multiple co-branded sites.PlanetOutdoors.com runs on a Microsoft IIS and Site Server Commerce platform on NT 4.0 servers. Later this year, it will begin prototyping Vignette's Syndication Server, a platform for managing content and relationships across business-to-business networks on the Internet. Built using open standards, XML and the Information & Content Exchange (ICE) protocol, it enables users to package and distribute digital assets such as content, applications, supplier information, and product catalogs to a highly scalable network of affiliated e-businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report