USA: PlanetOutdoors.com Projects Four-Fold Increase In Performance
Vignette Corporation (Nasdaq: VIGN), a supplier of e-business applications, today announced that PlanetOutdoors.com has launched the newest version of its e-commerce site in record time using the Vignette V/5 e-business platform.PlanetOutdoors.com, a leading online retailer of outdoor recreation gear and apparel, expects the new site, which launched in May, to increase its concurrent user capacity by 400 per cent. The launch, accomplished in just six weeks from initial planning through deployment, included the PlanetOutdoors.com e-commerce site and multiple co-branded sites.PlanetOutdoors.com runs on a Microsoft IIS and Site Server Commerce platform on NT 4.0 servers. Later this year, it will begin prototyping Vignette's Syndication Server, a platform for managing content and relationships across business-to-business networks on the Internet. Built using open standards, XML and the Information & Content Exchange (ICE) protocol, it enables users to package and distribute digital assets such as content, applications, supplier information, and product catalogs to a highly scalable network of affiliated e-businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar