USA: PlanetOutdoors.com Projects Four-Fold Increase In Performance
Vignette Corporation (Nasdaq: VIGN), a supplier of e-business applications, today announced that PlanetOutdoors.com has launched the newest version of its e-commerce site in record time using the Vignette V/5 e-business platform.PlanetOutdoors.com, a leading online retailer of outdoor recreation gear and apparel, expects the new site, which launched in May, to increase its concurrent user capacity by 400 per cent. The launch, accomplished in just six weeks from initial planning through deployment, included the PlanetOutdoors.com e-commerce site and multiple co-branded sites.PlanetOutdoors.com runs on a Microsoft IIS and Site Server Commerce platform on NT 4.0 servers. Later this year, it will begin prototyping Vignette's Syndication Server, a platform for managing content and relationships across business-to-business networks on the Internet. Built using open standards, XML and the Information & Content Exchange (ICE) protocol, it enables users to package and distribute digital assets such as content, applications, supplier information, and product catalogs to a highly scalable network of affiliated e-businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020