USA: PlanetOutdoors.com Projects Four-Fold Increase In Performance
Vignette Corporation (Nasdaq: VIGN), a supplier of e-business applications, today announced that PlanetOutdoors.com has launched the newest version of its e-commerce site in record time using the Vignette V/5 e-business platform.PlanetOutdoors.com, a leading online retailer of outdoor recreation gear and apparel, expects the new site, which launched in May, to increase its concurrent user capacity by 400 per cent. The launch, accomplished in just six weeks from initial planning through deployment, included the PlanetOutdoors.com e-commerce site and multiple co-branded sites.PlanetOutdoors.com runs on a Microsoft IIS and Site Server Commerce platform on NT 4.0 servers. Later this year, it will begin prototyping Vignette's Syndication Server, a platform for managing content and relationships across business-to-business networks on the Internet. Built using open standards, XML and the Information & Content Exchange (ICE) protocol, it enables users to package and distribute digital assets such as content, applications, supplier information, and product catalogs to a highly scalable network of affiliated e-businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Guess four-point plan to drive profit in Americas
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack