USA: PlanetOutdoors.com Projects Four-Fold Increase In Performance
Vignette Corporation (Nasdaq: VIGN), a supplier of e-business applications, today announced that PlanetOutdoors.com has launched the newest version of its e-commerce site in record time using the Vignette V/5 e-business platform.PlanetOutdoors.com, a leading online retailer of outdoor recreation gear and apparel, expects the new site, which launched in May, to increase its concurrent user capacity by 400 per cent. The launch, accomplished in just six weeks from initial planning through deployment, included the PlanetOutdoors.com e-commerce site and multiple co-branded sites.PlanetOutdoors.com runs on a Microsoft IIS and Site Server Commerce platform on NT 4.0 servers. Later this year, it will begin prototyping Vignette's Syndication Server, a platform for managing content and relationships across business-to-business networks on the Internet. Built using open standards, XML and the Information & Content Exchange (ICE) protocol, it enables users to package and distribute digital assets such as content, applications, supplier information, and product catalogs to a highly scalable network of affiliated e-businesses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar