USA: Plans For Apparel B2B Venture Scrapped
Applied Intranet Technologies (Ai), Gerber Scientific and Internet Capital Group have decided that they will no longer pursue a previously announced joint venture in the online apparel industry. The three companies had planned to build and operate a global business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce site for designing, sourcing, and manufacturing apparel and sewn goods. The open Web-based B2B marketplace would have connected all segments of the apparel manufacturing and distribution chain, from fiber through to retail, facilitating e-commerce transactions in a secure linked environment. But in a statement, Mike Todaro, Ai's director of marketing admitted that "during a period of due diligence it was mutually determined that the integration of products, services and strategies would take longer than would be prudent for the companies. As a result all parties have agreed not to further pursue the transaction."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack