USA: Plans For Apparel B2B Venture Scrapped
Applied Intranet Technologies (Ai), Gerber Scientific and Internet Capital Group have decided that they will no longer pursue a previously announced joint venture in the online apparel industry. The three companies had planned to build and operate a global business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce site for designing, sourcing, and manufacturing apparel and sewn goods. The open Web-based B2B marketplace would have connected all segments of the apparel manufacturing and distribution chain, from fiber through to retail, facilitating e-commerce transactions in a secure linked environment. But in a statement, Mike Todaro, Ai's director of marketing admitted that "during a period of due diligence it was mutually determined that the integration of products, services and strategies would take longer than would be prudent for the companies. As a result all parties have agreed not to further pursue the transaction."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar