USA: Plans For Apparel B2B Venture Scrapped
Applied Intranet Technologies (Ai), Gerber Scientific and Internet Capital Group have decided that they will no longer pursue a previously announced joint venture in the online apparel industry. The three companies had planned to build and operate a global business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce site for designing, sourcing, and manufacturing apparel and sewn goods. The open Web-based B2B marketplace would have connected all segments of the apparel manufacturing and distribution chain, from fiber through to retail, facilitating e-commerce transactions in a secure linked environment. But in a statement, Mike Todaro, Ai's director of marketing admitted that "during a period of due diligence it was mutually determined that the integration of products, services and strategies would take longer than would be prudent for the companies. As a result all parties have agreed not to further pursue the transaction."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing