US: Playboy silent on reported sale talks with Iconix
Adult media company Playboy Enterprises, which licenses its brand for apparel products, has made no comment on media reports it will be sold to Iconix Brand Group.
It follows a report by Bloomberg that Playboy was in talks to sell itself to Iconix, sending its shares soaring.
A statement by the company said: "Playboy Enterprises, today said that, in response to inquiries related to a potential sale of the company, in keeping with its policy, PEI does not comment on matters of this type."
Iconix, which earlier in the month acquired a 51% stake in Ecko Brands, was unavailable to comment on the report.
US fashion company Iconix Brand Group has posted a 53% increase in first quarter net income, as it continues to snap up new brands....
Iconix Brand Group has joined forces with the Schulz family to buy the Peanuts brand - home of Charlie Brown, Snoopy and other cartoon characters....
A much-speculated clothing collection by Madonna will hit Macy's stores in August after the pop star struck a joint venture deal with Iconix Brand Group....
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda....
Iconix Brand Group has signed a deal to develop its Badgley Mischka brand throughout Greater China....
The boss of Iconix Brand Group said the apparel firm will continue to pursue acquisitions after profits soared in the fourth quarter and full-year periods. ...
Britney Spears is to front Iconix Brand Group's spring marketing campaign for junior brand Candie's, available at Kohl's Department Stores....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020