UK: PLM and ERP to support Basic Thinking growth
UK clothing manufacturer Basic Thinking is to deploy DeSL's fashion PLM and ERP solution to support the growth of the business.
Leicester-based Basic Thinking will implement a variety of DeSL's functional offerings including: Line Planning; Tech Pack Management, Critical Path Management, Adobe Illustrator Integration, Product Management; Costing, Samples Management and Purchase Order Processing.
Each will help increase efficiency and operational effectiveness across the whole design, sourcing and selling process for Basic Thinking.
"By having one fully integrated solution from design to financials, it will truly improve our operational capability and in so doing support the growth of the business going forward," said Kieran Hickey, managing director of Basic Thinking.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
Innovation is all about change - sometimes planned, often unplanned. But there are lessons to be learned too, and as garment companies move to set up in-house innovation centres they would do well to ...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket