ASIA: PLM software vendors eye expansion
Leading suppliers of product life-cycle management software (PLM) are eyeing expansion in Asia amid hopes that China will become their biggest market over the next five years.
The global PLM market is expected to grow 30%-40% by 2013. While the US and European markets are forecast to grow strongly, Asia is expected to outpace them in the next five to ten years.
As the fast-fashion revolution gathers pace, PLM, which enables brands to quickly develop a garment from design to manufacture through a Web-based real-time interface, has become a crucial tool to ensure a greater number of fashion collections hit stores on time and on budget.
"We are seeing a significant increase in the number of Asian companies interested in PLM, specifically in China, which will be one of the largest consumers of PLM in five years," said Kathleen Mitford, vice president of product and market strategy at PLM software vendor PTC.
By Ivan Castano-Freeman.
The fast-fashion revolution is changing the face of the global apparel industry, which is struggling to meet the demands of an increasingly fickle clothing consumer. Enter product lifecycle management...
US supply chain software company Ecvision has released a new version of its Xpresscommerce solution this week, which it said has greater configurability features for its user base....
A business information portal dedicated to PLM (product lifecycle management) software for the fashion and textile industry is being launched by just-style in the New Year....
Apparel maker Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation is enhancing its supply chain management capabilities with a product lifecycle management (PLM) system to support its worldwide sourcing operations....
Australian outdoor boot and clothing brand RM Williams has taken another step towards streamlining its product development process with the web-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system from Jus...
US fashion retailer Bon-Ton Stores is to implement product lifecycle management (PLM) and supplier relationship management (SRM) solutions across its entire private brands operations....
NGC (New Generation Computing) is poised to enter the fast-growing Indian market through a reseller agreement with local consultancy firm Technopak....
IBM has signed a multi-million dollar agreement with the Fashion Research Institute (FRI) in New York to implement a new virtual world enterprise solution that could help designers cut sample creation...
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras