INDIA: PM To Tackle Tariff Concerns On US Visit
Textile minister Kashiram Rana said that Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee would be discussing concerns over tariffs during his visit to the USA next month. During a recent seminar organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) - one of India's three apex Chambers - but not as part of the proceedings, Rana and his deputy, the secretary of textiles Anil Kumar discussed concerns over tariffs. India and the US have to resolve the tariff lines on 155 items from India and the reciprocal textile quotas allotted by the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective