INDIA: PM To Tackle Tariff Concerns On US Visit
Textile minister Kashiram Rana said that Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee would be discussing concerns over tariffs during his visit to the USA next month. During a recent seminar organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) - one of India's three apex Chambers - but not as part of the proceedings, Rana and his deputy, the secretary of textiles Anil Kumar discussed concerns over tariffs. India and the US have to resolve the tariff lines on 155 items from India and the reciprocal textile quotas allotted by the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022