INDIA: PM To Tackle Tariff Concerns On US Visit
Textile minister Kashiram Rana said that Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee would be discussing concerns over tariffs during his visit to the USA next month. During a recent seminar organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) - one of India's three apex Chambers - but not as part of the proceedings, Rana and his deputy, the secretary of textiles Anil Kumar discussed concerns over tariffs. India and the US have to resolve the tariff lines on 155 items from India and the reciprocal textile quotas allotted by the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar