US: Polaris Industries acquires Teton Outfitters
Off-road vehicle company Polaris Industries is set to acquire Teton Outfitters, the owner of KILM Technical Riding Gear.
Polaris Industries said the acquisition adds KILM to its growing parts, garments and accessories business.
"KLIM is an established leader in the powersports apparel market with a strong track record of providing innovative, premium technical riding gear to a broad range of consumers," said Polaris VP of parts garments and accessories Steve Eastman.
"Adding an outstanding brand like KLIM, whose strengths complement our existing business, gives us a more complete PG&A product lineup, one which will flourish in the global market. We are excited to welcome KLIM employees into the Polaris family. With our common culture and vision, we believe this will be a mutually beneficial partnership for everyone involved."
Polaris will maintain the KLIM brand positioning and name while continuing to drive its existing apparel brands. KLIM will continue operations in Rigby, Idaho with its current staff. Polaris has plans to establish the Rigby facility as its new apparel Centre of Excellence, bringing the capabilities, expertise and knowledge housed in Rigby to all Polaris branded apparel.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry