US: Polartec appoints new CEO and CFO
Smith will join the company today (1 November) and succeed Andrew Vecchione, who announced his departure in July.
"The board is highly confident that the new senior management team, working with Polartec's dedicated employees in North America and around the world, will continue the company's successful growth trajectory and capitalise on Polartec's many strengths and competitive advantages, including its leading edge product portfolio and world class customers," said Gregory Segall, CEO of parent company Vera Capital management and Polartec board member.
Smith and Robinson will join Jon Adelman, executive vice president of global sales and marketing, as the senior leadership team.
The complicated mix of legal requirements, standards and certification schemes facing brands and retailers when managing chemicals in the apparel supply chain was outlined at the recent Prime Source F...
Musto, a UK-based company, is one of the world's leading suppliers of technologically advanced apparel for sailing and other outdoor pursuits. The company was founded in 1965 by Keith Musto, an engine...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
Efforts by a group of US apparel brands and retailers to persuade the Peruvian government to repeal legislation that allows the use of short-term contracts in the country's garment industry have, as y...
Indian online fashion retailer Myntra has acquired San Francisco-based virtual fitting room developer Fitiquette to help improve the shopping experience for Indian consumers....
PVH has lowered its full-year forecasts after discovering that its recent Warnaco acquisition will require more investment than it initially expected....
Sporting goods colossus Nike grew earnings ahead of revenues in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 thanks to a substantial increase in gross margins....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Low cotton prices lead to government intervention
- Made in USA certification ordered to verify claims