US: Polartec appoints new CEO and CFO
Smith will join the company today (1 November) and succeed Andrew Vecchione, who announced his departure in July.
"The board is highly confident that the new senior management team, working with Polartec's dedicated employees in North America and around the world, will continue the company's successful growth trajectory and capitalise on Polartec's many strengths and competitive advantages, including its leading edge product portfolio and world class customers," said Gregory Segall, CEO of parent company Vera Capital management and Polartec board member.
Smith and Robinson will join Jon Adelman, executive vice president of global sales and marketing, as the senior leadership team.
The complicated mix of legal requirements, standards and certification schemes facing brands and retailers when managing chemicals in the apparel supply chain was outlined at the recent Prime Source F...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
Efforts by a group of US apparel brands and retailers to persuade the Peruvian government to repeal legislation that allows the use of short-term contracts in the country's garment industry have, as y...
Indian online fashion retailer Myntra has acquired San Francisco-based virtual fitting room developer Fitiquette to help improve the shopping experience for Indian consumers....
PVH has lowered its full-year forecasts after discovering that its recent Warnaco acquisition will require more investment than it initially expected....
Sporting goods colossus Nike grew earnings ahead of revenues in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 thanks to a substantial increase in gross margins....
Chinese footwear and sportswear business Belle International has seen its share price fall today (21 February) after admitting its 2012 profit will be at the lower end of analyst expectations....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019