US: Polartec appoints new CEO and CFO
Smith will join the company today (1 November) and succeed Andrew Vecchione, who announced his departure in July.
"The board is highly confident that the new senior management team, working with Polartec's dedicated employees in North America and around the world, will continue the company's successful growth trajectory and capitalise on Polartec's many strengths and competitive advantages, including its leading edge product portfolio and world class customers," said Gregory Segall, CEO of parent company Vera Capital management and Polartec board member.
Smith and Robinson will join Jon Adelman, executive vice president of global sales and marketing, as the senior leadership team.
The complicated mix of legal requirements, standards and certification schemes facing brands and retailers when managing chemicals in the apparel supply chain was outlined at the recent Prime Source F...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
Efforts by a group of US apparel brands and retailers to persuade the Peruvian government to repeal legislation that allows the use of short-term contracts in the country's garment industry have, as y...
Indian online fashion retailer Myntra has acquired San Francisco-based virtual fitting room developer Fitiquette to help improve the shopping experience for Indian consumers....
PVH has lowered its full-year forecasts after discovering that its recent Warnaco acquisition will require more investment than it initially expected....
Sporting goods colossus Nike grew earnings ahead of revenues in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 thanks to a substantial increase in gross margins....
Chinese footwear and sportswear business Belle International has seen its share price fall today (21 February) after admitting its 2012 profit will be at the lower end of analyst expectations....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras