US: Polo Ralph Lauren dresses Boris Becker for Wimbledon
Polo Ralph Lauren has announced that Boris Becker will partner with the company as its official brand ambassador for the Wimbledon tennis championships.
The former Wimbledon tennis champion turned commentator will be wearing the luxury apparel brand throughout the tournament in his role as a Wimbledon commentator and brand ambassador.
He will also be launching a new "Interactive Shopping Experience" for Ralph Lauren at the designer's London flagship store in late June, the company said.
Becker is set to co-host a Wimbledon party at the company's flagship store at 1 New Bond Street next week (20 June).
"We are thrilled to have Boris on board with Wimbledon, and proud to continue our partnership with this historic sporting event," said David Lauren, senior vice president of advertising, marketing and corporate communications for Ralph Lauren.
It is Ralph Lauren's second year as official outfitter of Wimbledon, through a collection of apparel for on-court officials, chair umpires, line judges and ball persons.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Reigning Wimbledon tennis champion Venus Williams has launched her new Eleven clothing, footwear and accessories line at retailer Steve & Barry's....
T-shirt and underwear maker Hanesbrands Inc has hired William J Nictakis for the newly created position of president and chief commercial officer....
Despite an 11% rise in second quarter sales, clothing and accessories dsigner Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation today (7 November) posted a 16% decline in second quarter profit as operating expenses at ne...
T-shirt, bra and underwear maker Hanesbrands Inc has signed a major marketing deal with The Walt Disney Company which will see its Hanes and Champion apparel brands sold exclusively by Disney at its p...
Still weighed down by costs from its year-ago spin-off from Sara Lee Corp, T-shirt, socks and underwear maker Hanesbrands Inc says its third quarter profit fell 23% despite a small rise in sales....
Lee Chaden, one of the most respected executives in the apparel industry, is to retire as executive chairman of underwear and hosiery maker Hanesbrands Inc at the end of this year....
The Dominican Republic's apparel industry is expected to grow 3-5% this year, sharply less than in 2006, as its DR-CAFTA (Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement) exports share to the ...
Men's wear designer Joseph Abboud is teaming up with Lord and Taylor where he will oversee the design of its private label men's products including tailored clothing, sportswear, and accessories, and ...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective