USA: Polo Ralph Lauren Names New Club Monaco Chief
Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation announced that John Mehas has joined the company as president and chief executive officer of Club Monaco, the Canadian-based international retailer acquired by Polo in May 1999. Mr Mehas reports to Roger Farah, president and chief operating officer, Polo Ralph Lauren and will be based in Toronto. "As Polo Ralph Lauren continues the North American expansion of Club Monaco's business, John's knowledge of men's and women's merchandising and the retail environment will be a tremendous asset," said Roger Farah, president and chief operating officer of Polo Ralph Lauren.Prior to joining Polo Ralph Lauren, Mehas was a senior merchandising executive at The Gap, Inc. During his four years at the vertical retailer, he held a variety of merchandising positions for the Gap, Gap Kids and Gap Outlet stores. Prior to that, he was responsible for men's and women's merchandising at Bloomingdale's, rising to the office of senior vice president of sportswear."Club Monaco is an exciting retail concept and I'm looking forward to the North American expansion and the continued growth of the brand," said John Mehas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020