USA: Polo Ralph Lauren Names New Club Monaco Chief
Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation announced that John Mehas has joined the company as president and chief executive officer of Club Monaco, the Canadian-based international retailer acquired by Polo in May 1999. Mr Mehas reports to Roger Farah, president and chief operating officer, Polo Ralph Lauren and will be based in Toronto. "As Polo Ralph Lauren continues the North American expansion of Club Monaco's business, John's knowledge of men's and women's merchandising and the retail environment will be a tremendous asset," said Roger Farah, president and chief operating officer of Polo Ralph Lauren.Prior to joining Polo Ralph Lauren, Mehas was a senior merchandising executive at The Gap, Inc. During his four years at the vertical retailer, he held a variety of merchandising positions for the Gap, Gap Kids and Gap Outlet stores. Prior to that, he was responsible for men's and women's merchandising at Bloomingdale's, rising to the office of senior vice president of sportswear."Club Monaco is an exciting retail concept and I'm looking forward to the North American expansion and the continued growth of the brand," said John Mehas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar