USA: Polo Ralph Lauren Names New Club Monaco Chief
Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation announced that John Mehas has joined the company as president and chief executive officer of Club Monaco, the Canadian-based international retailer acquired by Polo in May 1999. Mr Mehas reports to Roger Farah, president and chief operating officer, Polo Ralph Lauren and will be based in Toronto. "As Polo Ralph Lauren continues the North American expansion of Club Monaco's business, John's knowledge of men's and women's merchandising and the retail environment will be a tremendous asset," said Roger Farah, president and chief operating officer of Polo Ralph Lauren.Prior to joining Polo Ralph Lauren, Mehas was a senior merchandising executive at The Gap, Inc. During his four years at the vertical retailer, he held a variety of merchandising positions for the Gap, Gap Kids and Gap Outlet stores. Prior to that, he was responsible for men's and women's merchandising at Bloomingdale's, rising to the office of senior vice president of sportswear."Club Monaco is an exciting retail concept and I'm looking forward to the North American expansion and the continued growth of the brand," said John Mehas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022