USA: Polo Ralph Lauren Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2000 Earnings per Share
Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation(RL)Fourth Quarter Earnings Per Share Increased 19% to $0.32. Full Year EPS Increased 16% to $1.45.Fourth Quarter Operating Income Increased 21%. Full Year Operating Income Grew 22%. Fourth Quarter and Full Year Gross Margin Grew to 48.7%.Inventory Levels Lower by 12%. Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) reported today that its fourth quarter fiscal 2000 net income grew to $31.8 million, representing earnings of $0.32 cents per diluted share, a gain of 19% over pro forma diluted earnings per share of $0.27 for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 1999. The results reflect strong operating performance in Polo's wholesale and licensing businesses, and improvement in Polo's full line retail stores. The pro forma results for the quarter ended April 3, 1999 include the results of Club Monaco, which was acquired in the first quarter of fiscal 2000. All results presented herein exclude the impact of the fiscal year 1999 restructuring. The following table presents the results for the quarters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022