USA: Polo Ralph Lauren Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2000 Earnings per Share
Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation(RL)Fourth Quarter Earnings Per Share Increased 19% to $0.32. Full Year EPS Increased 16% to $1.45.Fourth Quarter Operating Income Increased 21%. Full Year Operating Income Grew 22%. Fourth Quarter and Full Year Gross Margin Grew to 48.7%.Inventory Levels Lower by 12%. Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) reported today that its fourth quarter fiscal 2000 net income grew to $31.8 million, representing earnings of $0.32 cents per diluted share, a gain of 19% over pro forma diluted earnings per share of $0.27 for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 1999. The results reflect strong operating performance in Polo's wholesale and licensing businesses, and improvement in Polo's full line retail stores. The pro forma results for the quarter ended April 3, 1999 include the results of Club Monaco, which was acquired in the first quarter of fiscal 2000. All results presented herein exclude the impact of the fiscal year 1999 restructuring. The following table presents the results for the quarters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020