USA: Polo Ralph Lauren To Open Website On Friday
Polo Ralph Lauren, the upmarket men's and women's retailer, is to unveil its e-commerce website this Friday, the first of the high-end design pack to claim a stake in e-tailing.The website will offer 2,500 styles under the Polo and Ralph Lauren brands and is the first offering from the Polo Ralph Lauren Media joint venture between the designer, NBC, and NBC partners ValueVision International and NBC Internet.Jeff Morgan, president and chief executive of Ralph Lauren Media, said that polo.com will be more than just a website. He intends that content from the site could serve as a springboard for other media projects, such as TV specials and magazine features.Morgan does not believe that the e-commerce venture will fit in well with other Polo Ralph Lauren channels: "We believe that the Internet will only increase our exposure, expanding our customer base for the Ralph Lauren brand," Morgan said. Top names will doubtless watch the launch with interest. Last year, Tommy Hilfiger unveiled an informational site, but hasn't yet announced the launch date for his e-commerce venture. Donna Karan is studying the concept, according to CEO John Idol, while Calvin Klein doesn't sell online.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar