USA: Polo Ralph Lauren To Open Website On Friday
Polo Ralph Lauren, the upmarket men's and women's retailer, is to unveil its e-commerce website this Friday, the first of the high-end design pack to claim a stake in e-tailing.The website will offer 2,500 styles under the Polo and Ralph Lauren brands and is the first offering from the Polo Ralph Lauren Media joint venture between the designer, NBC, and NBC partners ValueVision International and NBC Internet.Jeff Morgan, president and chief executive of Ralph Lauren Media, said that polo.com will be more than just a website. He intends that content from the site could serve as a springboard for other media projects, such as TV specials and magazine features.Morgan does not believe that the e-commerce venture will fit in well with other Polo Ralph Lauren channels: "We believe that the Internet will only increase our exposure, expanding our customer base for the Ralph Lauren brand," Morgan said. Top names will doubtless watch the launch with interest. Last year, Tommy Hilfiger unveiled an informational site, but hasn't yet announced the launch date for his e-commerce venture. Donna Karan is studying the concept, according to CEO John Idol, while Calvin Klein doesn't sell online.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack