USA: Polo Ralph Lauren To Open Website On Friday
Polo Ralph Lauren, the upmarket men's and women's retailer, is to unveil its e-commerce website this Friday, the first of the high-end design pack to claim a stake in e-tailing.The website will offer 2,500 styles under the Polo and Ralph Lauren brands and is the first offering from the Polo Ralph Lauren Media joint venture between the designer, NBC, and NBC partners ValueVision International and NBC Internet.Jeff Morgan, president and chief executive of Ralph Lauren Media, said that polo.com will be more than just a website. He intends that content from the site could serve as a springboard for other media projects, such as TV specials and magazine features.Morgan does not believe that the e-commerce venture will fit in well with other Polo Ralph Lauren channels: "We believe that the Internet will only increase our exposure, expanding our customer base for the Ralph Lauren brand," Morgan said. Top names will doubtless watch the launch with interest. Last year, Tommy Hilfiger unveiled an informational site, but hasn't yet announced the launch date for his e-commerce venture. Donna Karan is studying the concept, according to CEO John Idol, while Calvin Klein doesn't sell online.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective