USA: Polo Ralph Lauren To Open Website On Friday
Polo Ralph Lauren, the upmarket men's and women's retailer, is to unveil its e-commerce website this Friday, the first of the high-end design pack to claim a stake in e-tailing.The website will offer 2,500 styles under the Polo and Ralph Lauren brands and is the first offering from the Polo Ralph Lauren Media joint venture between the designer, NBC, and NBC partners ValueVision International and NBC Internet.Jeff Morgan, president and chief executive of Ralph Lauren Media, said that polo.com will be more than just a website. He intends that content from the site could serve as a springboard for other media projects, such as TV specials and magazine features.Morgan does not believe that the e-commerce venture will fit in well with other Polo Ralph Lauren channels: "We believe that the Internet will only increase our exposure, expanding our customer base for the Ralph Lauren brand," Morgan said. Top names will doubtless watch the launch with interest. Last year, Tommy Hilfiger unveiled an informational site, but hasn't yet announced the launch date for his e-commerce venture. Donna Karan is studying the concept, according to CEO John Idol, while Calvin Klein doesn't sell online.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report