USA: Polymer Group Unveils New Spunmelt Line
Nonwovens producer Polymer Group Inc is to install a new spunmelt line at its Mooresville, North Carolina facility to meet customer demand for its products in North America.
The company will install a Reifenhauser Reico IV spunmelt line targeted primarily at serving the hygiene and industrial markets of North America. The company expects construction to begin at the existing site by the end of April 2005 and commercial production is planned for the second quarter of 2006.
The new line - which will give PGI the top hygiene market share in the region - will supply customers with fine denier materials that are softer and lighter than products available from conventional technology and have improved barrier qualities.
Additionally, the line will be capable of proprietary processes and will offer advanced treating systems.
PGI's chief executive officer, James Schaeffer, said that the company was impleneting strategies to expand in ever major world region and that its plan included "both developing and mature regions as opportunities present themselves".
Polymer Group Inc is a global technology-driven developer, producer and marketer of engineered materials. PGI supplies nonwovens to leading consumer and industrial product manufacturers and operates 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the world.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Technical clothing manufacturer Polymer Group Inc's Canadian Difco business is joining forces with fabric dyer and finisher Colorama to offer an improved range of flame-resistant (FR) clothing....
Nonwovens producer Polymer Group has expanded its coating and printing capacity to meet demand for its engineered fabrics for building and construction as well as use in other industries such as appar...
Nonwovens company Polymer Group boosted profit and sales during 2005, despite challenges in raw material markets....
Nonwovens producer Polymer Group Inc is increasing the price of nonwoven roll goods in North America by up to 12 per cent, blaming rapid increases in raw material and energy costs....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022