ITALY: Pompea Buys Stake In Spanish Producer Gassol
Italian lingerie and tights maker Pompea has splashed out $2.2 million on a 49 per cent stake in Spanish clothing producer Manufacturas Antonio Gassol in a move that gives it complete ownership of the firm. Gassol, known in Spain for its Mimi and Glory brands, has seen its stockings production switched to Pompea’s plant in Italy since 2000 in a move that has led to about 100 jobs being axed at its Spanish operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores