US: Poole Co hires McFadyen as technical manager
Fibre specialist Poole Co has hired Joseph McFadyen as its technical manager.
In his new role, McFadyen is responsible for providing technical support and the development of recycled fibres, as well as virgin staple fibres. He will continue to expand existing programmes, manage improvements in fibre productions, and position Poole in new and emerging markets, the company said.
Prior to joining Poole, McFadyen worked for Wellman for around ten years, developing product applications for filament, fiberfill, and staple fibre.
Poole Company Hires Joseph McFadyen to Manage Recycled Fibers Division
January 22, 2014 07:00 AM Eastern Standard Time GREENVILLE, S.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Poole Company, a leading manufacturer and distributor of textile fibers and specialist in virgin polyester fibers, recycled fibers, heavy denier, and nonwovens fibers, announced today that they have hired Joseph McFadyen as the new technical manager.
"Joe McFadyen's addition further extends our strategy of having the most experienced and visionary fiber team."
At Poole Company, McFadyen is responsible for providing technical support and the development of recycled fibers, as well as virgin staple fibers. He will continue to expand existing programs, manage improvements in fiber productions, and position Poole Company in new and emerging markets.
Bynum Poole, President of Poole Company, commented, "Joe McFadyen's addition further extends our strategy of having the most experienced and visionary fiber team." He continued, "The market is growing and changing significantly each day, and Joe's knowledge and traction in the textile and nonwovens industries - as well as in other technologies - is a huge benefit to Poole Company. We will continue to bring innovative and sustainable fiber products to market with him as our technical manager."
Prior to accepting the technical manager role at Poole Company, McFadyen worked at Wellman for more than ten years, developing product applications for filament, fiberfill, and staple fiber. His fiber processing experience includes fire retardants, color additives, copolymerization, unique fiber cross-sections, and product optimization. McFadyen's roles at other organizations include fiber process product development, product research and development, quality control, and management. He is a graduate of North Carolina State University with degree in Chemical Engineering.
About Poole Company
For more than 35 years, Poole Company has specialized in the global manufacturing and distributing of textile spinning fibers. With a product portfolio including virgin polyester fibers, recycled fibers (EcoSure PCR PET polymer), heavy denier, microdenier, fiberfill, and nonwovens fibers, Poole Company serves major markets and is recognized for their emphasis on sustainability and value. For more information, contact Poole Company at 864-271-9935 or visit www.poolecompany.com.
Original source: Poole Company
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change