UK: Portas knickers firm collapses into administration
Headen & Quarmby produces underwear for Mary Portas' Kinky Knickers range
Headen & Quarmby, the underwear manufacturer behind the Kinky Knickers range launched by British TV presenter Mary Portas to highlight the viability of UK production, has fallen into administration after a drop in post-Christmas orders.
The Lancashire-based business also produces underwear for a number of high-street retailers and brands, employing 33 staff, who have all been made redundant.
Joint administrators Kerry Bailey and Patrick Lannagan from accountancy firm BDO were appointed last Wednesday (15 January).
They said they are investigating options to recommence trading and fulfil customer orders, with a view to selling the business as a going concern.
Bailey said: "A drop in post-Christmas orders from key customers and a decline in sales volumes has significantly affected the business and resulted in a deterioration of its working capital position. However, we are doing everything we can to try to secure a future for the business, and we are hopeful of securing a sale."
"To that end, the administration team would welcome approaches from commercial parties interested in acquiring the business or assets."
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019