UK: Portas knickers firm collapses into administration
Headen & Quarmby produces underwear for Mary Portas' Kinky Knickers range
Headen & Quarmby, the underwear manufacturer behind the Kinky Knickers range launched by British TV presenter Mary Portas to highlight the viability of UK production, has fallen into administration after a drop in post-Christmas orders.
The Lancashire-based business also produces underwear for a number of high-street retailers and brands, employing 33 staff, who have all been made redundant.
Joint administrators Kerry Bailey and Patrick Lannagan from accountancy firm BDO were appointed last Wednesday (15 January).
They said they are investigating options to recommence trading and fulfil customer orders, with a view to selling the business as a going concern.
Bailey said: "A drop in post-Christmas orders from key customers and a decline in sales volumes has significantly affected the business and resulted in a deterioration of its working capital position. However, we are doing everything we can to try to secure a future for the business, and we are hopeful of securing a sale."
"To that end, the administration team would welcome approaches from commercial parties interested in acquiring the business or assets."
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies