UK: Portas knickers firm collapses into administration
Headen & Quarmby produces underwear for Mary Portas' Kinky Knickers range
Headen & Quarmby, the underwear manufacturer behind the Kinky Knickers range launched by British TV presenter Mary Portas to highlight the viability of UK production, has fallen into administration after a drop in post-Christmas orders.
The Lancashire-based business also produces underwear for a number of high-street retailers and brands, employing 33 staff, who have all been made redundant.
Joint administrators Kerry Bailey and Patrick Lannagan from accountancy firm BDO were appointed last Wednesday (15 January).
They said they are investigating options to recommence trading and fulfil customer orders, with a view to selling the business as a going concern.
Bailey said: "A drop in post-Christmas orders from key customers and a decline in sales volumes has significantly affected the business and resulted in a deterioration of its working capital position. However, we are doing everything we can to try to secure a future for the business, and we are hopeful of securing a sale."
"To that end, the administration team would welcome approaches from commercial parties interested in acquiring the business or assets."
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020