SWEDEN: Portuguese TMG Invests $2.5m In TextileSolutions
Swedish company TextileSolutions, the system for global textiles trading, announced today that it has received an investment of $2.5m (Euro3m) from one of Europe's largest textile manufacturers, Textil Manuel Goncalves S.A. (TMG) of Portugal. "We are extremely pleased to have such an excellent partner on board," said Tommy Lowback, CEO TextileSolutions. "TMG will not only inject capital, but more importantly, further strengthen our network in the textile business. This relationship is an excellent fit." he added. The investment is the first in a series of announcements of industry investments in TextileSolutions, according to Lowback. "This investment is further proof that TextileSolutions has the right business concept for the industry," Lowback said. With extensive knowledge in the electronics and telecommunications industries, the TMG Group brings to TextileSolutions a deep understanding of integrating high technology applications in the textile industry. "TMG considers the $2.5m to be the first in a series of investments in the new economy," according to Henrique Dionisio, TMG general manager. "Our investment strategy is to make the textile industry more efficient all along the value chain. We look forward to mutual success with TextileSolutions in expanding this dynamic approach to the market."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar