SWEDEN: Portuguese TMG Invests $2.5m In TextileSolutions
Swedish company TextileSolutions, the system for global textiles trading, announced today that it has received an investment of $2.5m (Euro3m) from one of Europe's largest textile manufacturers, Textil Manuel Goncalves S.A. (TMG) of Portugal. "We are extremely pleased to have such an excellent partner on board," said Tommy Lowback, CEO TextileSolutions. "TMG will not only inject capital, but more importantly, further strengthen our network in the textile business. This relationship is an excellent fit." he added. The investment is the first in a series of announcements of industry investments in TextileSolutions, according to Lowback. "This investment is further proof that TextileSolutions has the right business concept for the industry," Lowback said. With extensive knowledge in the electronics and telecommunications industries, the TMG Group brings to TextileSolutions a deep understanding of integrating high technology applications in the textile industry. "TMG considers the $2.5m to be the first in a series of investments in the new economy," according to Henrique Dionisio, TMG general manager. "Our investment strategy is to make the textile industry more efficient all along the value chain. We look forward to mutual success with TextileSolutions in expanding this dynamic approach to the market."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar