CANADA: Porvair merges Permair leather operations in North America
Porvair International, manufacturer of the Permair performance leather finishing system for footwear, has acquired the Endura business of Eagle Ottawa Canada Ltd which it will merge with the existing business of Permair Leathers Inc to form a new North American operation trading as Permair Leathers Ltd.The new company, based in Acton, Ontario, commenced trading on 3rd April. The Permair Leather Inc facility in Salem, Massachusetts will be closed at the end of April, with all activities being transferred to the new operation.Gordon Williams, previously CEO of Eagle Ottawa Canada Ltd, will head the new operation. Paul Bridge, previously sales manager at Permair Leathers Inc and Allan Hall, previously sales manager at EaglemOttawa, will be responsible for sales and marketing, and Bill Landsborough, previously technical manager at Eagle Ottawa, will be responsible for production."The merger of these operations provides us with an opportunity to combine the best of both businesses in a manner that will provide benefits to our customers and strengthen the Permair Leather brand in the critically important North American market," says Lew Bingham, managing director of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report