CANADA: Porvair merges Permair leather operations in North America
Porvair International, manufacturer of the Permair performance leather finishing system for footwear, has acquired the Endura business of Eagle Ottawa Canada Ltd which it will merge with the existing business of Permair Leathers Inc to form a new North American operation trading as Permair Leathers Ltd.The new company, based in Acton, Ontario, commenced trading on 3rd April. The Permair Leather Inc facility in Salem, Massachusetts will be closed at the end of April, with all activities being transferred to the new operation.Gordon Williams, previously CEO of Eagle Ottawa Canada Ltd, will head the new operation. Paul Bridge, previously sales manager at Permair Leathers Inc and Allan Hall, previously sales manager at EaglemOttawa, will be responsible for sales and marketing, and Bill Landsborough, previously technical manager at Eagle Ottawa, will be responsible for production."The merger of these operations provides us with an opportunity to combine the best of both businesses in a manner that will provide benefits to our customers and strengthen the Permair Leather brand in the critically important North American market," says Lew Bingham, managing director of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack