CANADA: Porvair merges Permair leather operations in North America
Porvair International, manufacturer of the Permair performance leather finishing system for footwear, has acquired the Endura business of Eagle Ottawa Canada Ltd which it will merge with the existing business of Permair Leathers Inc to form a new North American operation trading as Permair Leathers Ltd.The new company, based in Acton, Ontario, commenced trading on 3rd April. The Permair Leather Inc facility in Salem, Massachusetts will be closed at the end of April, with all activities being transferred to the new operation.Gordon Williams, previously CEO of Eagle Ottawa Canada Ltd, will head the new operation. Paul Bridge, previously sales manager at Permair Leathers Inc and Allan Hall, previously sales manager at EaglemOttawa, will be responsible for sales and marketing, and Bill Landsborough, previously technical manager at Eagle Ottawa, will be responsible for production."The merger of these operations provides us with an opportunity to combine the best of both businesses in a manner that will provide benefits to our customers and strengthen the Permair Leather brand in the critically important North American market," says Lew Bingham, managing director of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar